The old 931b will not take grease to adjust the track. I know i have seen some threads on grease fitting not taking grease, How to unstop or should i remove the inlet valve? Also if i remove the 4 bolts on the cover plate will it come out with out damage to the seal?? I have a Lincoln Leaver action grease gun that in new, and it will not grab that zert., Thanks, Sam.
What I usually do is take a grinder and cut those fingers to open up the hole so you can take valve out and replace it, otherwise you are probably going to have to split the track. I have done this on various Cats with no problem, though you do need to open the taller valve and make sure there is no pressure in the cylinder before you unscrew the inlet valve. I have tried various things to just replace the grease fitting in the top of the valve. Grinding it off and tapping the top of the valve works ok to run it while you order parts, but you should really plan on buying a new one, they are only about $20
Hello mitch504, I tryed to get it out, I will get the grinder out, that is a good idea.. I have the preasure released and was trying to get it pumped up when i discovered it was stoped up. The greese came out good, so i know that works ok. I'll keep you posted on the repair, thanks for the tip. sam.
Hi HEF, I had to get another grinder, the case around the inlet was not to bad. 4 1/2 grinder, but not a perty job, I got the old inlet out, installed the new, and got the greese. what a relief to see the cylinder moving. sam.
Is that a replaceable fitting in a new valve? If so, I'll give you a dollar for the part number!
Hi mitch504, that is a 2s5925 valve and a 5m6708 washer, i got them from OffRoad Equipment, with a couple other small parts. sam.
That Offroad Equipment outfit looks good, thanks!