Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leibherr r902

kmbrad ยท 2015-09-17 06:40

Hi all I've got an old 902, I think around 1985. Had a seal go recently on the valve block, can't remember which control it was now, either the main boom lift / drop or the bucket open / close. It was the right hand joystick anyway. It was right underneath, a pig to get too so we took the complete block off in the end so we knew it was changed correctly and the o-ring seated properly. Put her back together and no leaks, great! However, when using her now we have trouble with the right hand joy stick. All the controls work as they should so the pipes are all back on correctly. But when we try and lift the main boom up it's really slow moving. It's fine coming down. And when the bucket is emptied the main boom slowly creeps up with it, and when the bucket is closed the main boom drops with it. No oil leaks at all around the block so all pipes tight. I don't see how it could be the joystick as it only started doing it when the valve block was refitted. I've double checked everything and it all appears to fitted correctly. The only other thing is if a piece of dirt is blocking something. But I can't see how the chambers in the block itself are linked. It was a heavy lump to get off, and my fitter has assured me he didn't drop it, but that's they only thing I can think of, if it's been dropped and it's cracked internally between ports. Has anyone got any suggestions? Cheers Karl

Replies0

No replies yet.