I came across an informative site that may interest you guys! It's called Auto Recalls for Consumers ARFC.org Be advised some of the posts are multiples but just click the little numbers 1 thru 99 at the top or bottom. It gets real Good? Or Google; Dodge Avenger 2012 TIPM totally intrigated power module. Talk about Dealer$hip nightmares and spooky problems Geesh!
Dodge , enough said .
Yawn.... you drive what you like, I'll drive what I like, I'll route your opinion through the proper channels... one flush usually does it.
I am always up for a Ford truck vs. any other kind of truck discussion, and to a fault. I have had a hard time defending the 6.0 and 6.4. People have said, "If that fords so good, why is it every time I come up here the cab is off it. Well, this thing is so bad*** i cant keep my foot out it. Went and looked at a new Ford Superduty the other day, 62K What!!!. i imaging the dodges of comparable trim and diesel are about the same. Keep in mind that inflation is a figment of your imagination. No more new trucks for me.
Nope, when you add in having to carry jugs of pig urine around to keep these new ones out of limp mode, I'll never buy a new diesel for sure. Maybe an 04 Dodge dually, low mileage, one owner? A little love and maintenance it will last either until I'm gone or diesel is, LOL
I think John Deere should start making pick up trucks.....
They'd have to offer it in something other than Dear John green and yellow....
Year 2000 is as new as I'm willing to go on any vehicle. Yes, I would like built in Bluetooth but, no, I don't want "traction control" that has slower reaction time than I do. Or any of the other useless technology. Like, …why is an electronic gas pedal better ? You can't fix it with pliers; you have to buy a whole new one.
I'm not a fan of any electronic controlled diesel especially when they add all that emission crap, my service pig is powered by a 7.3 powerjoke, which has been very reliable but any direct injected engine that still requires glow plugs to start at 0*C is a joke! My pickup is a 97 Cummins (uncorked :cool2) with a nv5600 behind it, not a fan of the wrapper but someday i'll find a nice low mile loaded 03-07 F350 with a popped 6.0 and swap in the 12v, 6 speed combo
The 05's were still good also But I'm with you on the new garbage out there.
I forget the exact year, what I want is the diesel dually, 4X4, six speed, quad cab new enough to have the real rear doors and old enough you still have to shift the lever to engage the front axle. There's a narrow window there, LOL.
Naw.. JD fanatics will by anything with the flying deer logo....to go along with their "green & yellow underwear". I hear the dealerships carry them in convenient 3 packs....
And the slogans ...Go green, Nothing runs like a deer, nothing drops valves like a deere (local slogan).
Boy, that is for sure. My uncle was a JD tractor mechanic for 25 years. He had access to JD green and yellow paint, cheap. So, he repainted his 85 Ford pickup JD green, with yellow wheels. That was one UGLY truck after that. JD colors look good on farm machinery, but on cars and trucks, not good at all. Jeff
John Deere engines were used in about 1987 for a few years in Class A motorhomes. They were not on the market to long. There selling point was that they were slim enough that the doghouse was narrow enough to let the front seats turn around without raising them way up in the old 8' wide carriages. They were not very strong on power and when laws allowed the chassis's to go to 8'-6" they quit using them.
Disclaimer; I don't own a Dodge it's the little women's boys car. Read there was a recall one some for safety issues. ....lights. ... and brake lights are safety items. All lightning ....and power run thru the TIPM module. It went to the dealer today.
I had found out that this had recall thru that site. ....# N38 for the TIPM Although all wer'nt notified? ... parking lights and others such issues. .....air bag light is on....ok it might be fixed. ...if it comes back on we'll have to change the headrest. Motor starts on its own? Well that could be hard on fuel. Can't turn the wipers off without disconnecting the battery? These are just some of the TIPM posts i read. I would imagine some of the trucks have a TIPM module too.
Well it's at the dealer. Mom called today. ....they said the had it hooked to the computer for an hour and that they don't know what's wrong with it. ....said. ....."it may be a wiring problem " 2 Year old Dodge Avenger. ....How's your TIPM?
Hey fixou812, when I see the wipers acting up on a dodge I usually suspect moisture in the tipm... but I have also seen water get into the actual plug that goes into the modules... it gets in between the silicone gasket and where the wires terminate to pins and causes all kinds of havoc!! have seen this in ford expeditions too where they have the bcm mounted beneath the windshield that always leaks.
Dodge has a new recall having to do with electronics,one of the complaints is the air bag fires without warning.My newest Dodge is a '95 1500 but it will always be a Dodge car /truck whatever.I like anything that is standardized and old enough to get my parts at the bone yard.Ron G
Well Mamma got off easy. The dealer found a broken wire behind the passenger seat. $650 all labor.
That's insane.
Yup, a friend dropped a 4-53 Detroit into an older ford f-250 4x4....A 14 year old Amish kid with just a crescent wrench can keep it running....
I have a truck and a 453t just have no time to put it in. The worst thing about the new trucks is a standard transmission is not an option at leased in a Chevrolet
No manual Tranny with the Ford Diesel either. But the new 6 spds are pretty intelligent, think I could live with one. Forthcoming Dodge 3500's will be auto only, their manual will not take the torque. Somewhere around 900 ft. pds!!
I worked for a guy with a 453 or a 471 in a Ford F250,I can't remember now,it had a Jake on it anyway.I do remember that he sold it to someone in Pa.It sure was fun to ride in it with that Jake on it.Ron G
I remember the first Dodge trucks that had electronic ignition. .... if you opened the hood when it had rain on it....it would blow the module.
This repair was $650 I was worried it would be alot more. Same kid Mamas son brought Home 2 kittens. .... Mom has her cat a hunter. Well the kittens are a year old now. Now there's 3 hunters here bringing home dead critters to eat under Mom's veranda! When ya eat dead rotten critters (yes rabbits and squirrels too) You're gonna get Sick. Mom! My cat's Die'n Gotta take it to the Vet! (***?) Mom + credit card = Vet $1200 The varmit woulda got unsick (or died) without the vet. I told her the Vet didn't do anything.
I remember seeing a salesman truck I believe it was a 4wheel drive Chevy 1980 one ton dualie with an 8v92 Detroit with a 13 speed. It had Detroit stickers on it that it was The Fastest land speed record for a diesel! And this was the Salesman daily driver. I remember looking underneath the truck. The front driveline for the 4wd was Long the rear driveline was real short!
I had to Google land speed record diesel. ... couldn't find that truck but did come up with 16v92 ! Twin turbo?
I am the proud owner of an 1991 Dodge Ram D250 with the LA series 360 TBI. I love it and will have it for a long time. Last year before the Magnum engine. So easy to work on and get parts for.