In memory of Bobby Lindamood Sr.
some more
Tonka nice pics keep them coming...
ok you asked for it....
like always tonka you got badass truck pics
more.....
more....
more...
and more....
those Eilen & Sons trucks are the best looking end dumps i've ever seen no ands, ifs, or buts, about it. wish i could get mine lookin that good.
Great pictures. Thanks for posting them. Those are some fancy looking rigs. A shame if you have to get them dirty!
yep and they work everyday too! thanks, they clean up with a lil soap and water!!!!
The Eilen's have one of the nicest fleets around, these trucks are show trucks and they win many awards, But........... they work everyday!!!!!!!!! Jake Eilen has this 07 pete with a 40ft MAC half round, along with 5 other petes, sadly Jake passed away last year.
Pat Eilen, has the truck known as "Iron Outlaw" its a 06 pete with a 40ft MAC half round, it has won many awards.
and last but not least Jonathan Eilen, Jon has a nice pete daycab with a 35ft MAC square box. in pics 3-4 the truck most well known Eilen truck, is driven by there Co. driver Brad Caton. Brad is like family he's been there for 15 years, so yeah he gets a nice truck!
some real real nice rigs!!!
Heres 2 I took of a T800 and halfround on the highway.:drinkup Great thread, awesome pics Tonka!:usa
what are they doing with jake's truck now other than show it? and other than jake's truck the white and green one is the best lookin one i think.
Jake has 5 trucks, his show truck is now driven daily by pat, and iron outlaw is in the shop gettin worked over.Two of his trucks are leased on to Vinnie Dieroio, pullin curtin side dry vans. The other 3 are pullin wagons for his dad. Anne, Jakes wife, owns all Jakes trucks now.
oh ok i didn't know he owned them all i thought he just owned the black one well i'm glad to hear they're all working in some form or another
99 problems, owned by Grella Tansportation out of LI, NY, built by Car Craft in SI, NY. Truck works everyday!:notworthy:notworthy:drinkup
must be a pain trying to keep that beauty clean all the time.
Nice trucks. I hate to see one like that show up on my site, as most show truck drivers are very picky and very slow. Also, most of what we haul is a little bony, so usually they refuse the load and leave me high and dry, looking for another trucker. The trucks are nice though, and look good hauling nice clean sand and gravel, or wood chips, or feed, things like that. Anybody else have some to share??
it gets washed everyother day, pollished every weekend.
i agree, very nice looking trucks. although in this country i don't know. it would be great to see some of those babies around here.
I would be a very nervous operator if I had to load those trucks!
why, operators get paid by the hour, and that loader is plenty high enoughf to reach over the sides, just take your time and load every truck like its your own and you will have no problems...
It is my own and i do load it. So why do i still find dents in the cab roof
We had a NICE T800 show up on site today, nothing special or "tricked" out I know, but I like it anyway!:drinkup
That is neat,never seen backup lights on a trailer before.Ron G
:beatsme:beatsme:beatsme if you got an end dump and your getting dents in the roof of your truck, ya might wanna let somone elce load it...LOL
Bob Hillwick, owner of Hillwick trucking out of Hackettstown NJ, one of the nicest guys and nicest fleets you will ever see, top notch buckets!
Last year one of hillwicks trucks caught fire and burnt to the ground, here is the replacement.
TOnka do you know of a demolition company names t fiore in newark.
yeah there on Wilson ave....
My new tipper
OK, now I have a question for Jared and Tonka Both of you are showing full frame end dumps. I was wondering the reason that you run them, instead of the frameless dumps we use out West. I know they are a lot heavier due to the frame, so I would think you loose too much payload. I also like the frameless because when (not if, but when) they get tipped over, the frameless style is pretty inexpensive to get repaired. Usually some new arms and you are good to go, as long as you have a breakaway style cylinder mount. Now before you get on me, remember the application is different than you would see those show quality trucks doing. Sometime we end up hauling stuff like 4 to 8 ton rip rap, and if a rock hangs on one side of the trailer going out the gate, it is going over. I have even seen some of the real brain surgeons who can tip over an end dump trailer while LOADING it with rock. There's some talent now. The thing is, with a frameless, just the trailer is usually upset, but with a full frame, the whole truck is going to go over. So, now educate me on the upside of the full frame version.
a goreous KW i saw a few weeks ago
I think they demo for the city a lot of the slum buildings down in Newark.
My old 89 FORD 9000
Not really fancy but the first truck I drove for a living... A friend of mine ran it for a number of years before trading it in on a newer Mack... It was a great old truck...
Pecord, you could make some money with that pic! thats one of the clearest, coolest pics of a KW I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing.
TOnka , the jake Eilen died very young. What happened to him? God bless him. doug
Jake was leaving the shop one night headded for home. His pickup hit some black ice and rolled, he was ejected. He was found by Pat his younger brother and a good friend, when they heard the crash they went running. Verry sad indeed! RIP Jake!:usa
JDOFMEMI, I've never seen a frameless-style trailer anywhere outside of the USA. The closest you'll see down this way are the tip over axle style which are common in Australia, although I think they are used exclusively for tipping on level ground. These have the axle set attached to the deck and sit on the rearmost axle when tipping. I've had a fairly good look at frameless trailers on my trips to the states and while they have some good points they just look too easy to tip over. We use our 2axle tippers for spreading aggregate and the majority of our bulk dump sites arent level, they also haul some big loads offroad. We often have truck and trailer units hauling into one of our minesite customers where we then reload onto the artics for delivery around the mine, you'll have 30+ tons onboard and do 20-30 trips a day all in low box. The triaxle one in the pic above can have the deck removed and a 9m3 concrete bowl fitted. So, I suppose what I'm saying is strength and stability is why we use chassis tippers.
Thank you
Great thread, thanks for those pics Tonka:drinkup
Well Western Dist. (Dino), is out of CO.
some more.....
heres our 94 pete and 01 hanson highside
Where did you get the Hanson Highside at? Did David build it?
HOLLY COW.... Nice trucks... we have very few trucks that look like that here.... Your truck wouldn't stand a chance of surviving here .... all the southern quarry help are really hard on trucks. We do have a few companies that have SO CALLED SHOW trucks... they won't rough haul... they just want the dirt hauls..
How can you pull a trailer with 8 axles around a corner? It must be brutal on tires. Those custom trucks are beautiful. Don't see any like that around here hauling dirt. Must be good money in it!
Yeah, Dave Hanson built that highside. Our company had it railed out to California. Also have a 1987 Hanson low side in perfect condition (I'll try to post some pics of that) and we have a 2007 ten wheeler tub by him again I'll try to post pics.
The Peterbilt is a workhorse in disguise, it was ordered as a heavy haul lowbed tractor. so... I'm pretty sure it could hold up to your southern quarry help. We've had our share of hard on equipment help.lol
I hauled rip rap years ago with an old Autocar...3' steering wheel .. the trailer was an old railroad tank car.. it was a bigger trailer the the other ones. the loader operator lost track of scoops. 9 instead of 6. But we didn't weigh until we got to the dam...103,000LBS.. I got yelled at for hauling that much... I said you need to call the quarry.. The other trucks may pass me on the highway, but I would pass them running up the slopes to the top of the dam .. they had 7 speed road trucks, and mine had a 4 x 5 trannys...
He builds those trailers about 10 miles up the road from Pokey. A friend of mine used to deliver them to the railyard for him till 9/11. The guy has a reputation around here as a really good person. As far as his trailers go, they speak for themselves. His work is incredible.
Wow thats pretty cool I wish i could see his shop I love the looks of his trailers. And you are right they do speak for them selves they are probably the most dependable trailers on the road. Do you have one?
Good looking little short hood pete...
LOL richie is almost as long as the trailer, LOL
No, I don't own one. Dave had a trailer built for a guy in California that the deal fell though. I think.:beatsme Anyway a good friend of mine who owns a scrap yard bought the trailer. That's the first one I have seen running locally. Round here it's so rural that we never tear anything down, it's cheaper to just move the town. ointhead If you know anybody needing a demo trailer I think David could get on it pretty fast and cut you a good deal also. Was your trailer painted when you got it? I never seen one with paint on it before. If you get to see one without paint it's like looking at a piece of art. The craftsmanship is unreal.
Oh thanks! point out its a short hood.lol yeah for some reason boss man don't like longhoods plus we work in tight areas. but thanks.
I don't know anybody that busy to buy a new trailer. yeah the trailer was already painted but it was a really crapy job.
Every trailer I have seen has been bare steel. He will put two or four old tires just good enough to make it to the railyard on them. Did you buy through David or a dealer? I always wondered how he sold them. As fast as he could get one built he would get it on a train to California as far as I know.
Hanson Trailer Pics This is my Friends trailer.
Yeah ours had 4 bald tires when first sent. Yeah boss man bought it direct, so was the ten wheeler tub but the low side was bought direct but when he had his yard in Colton CA.
By the way nice trailer, just needs a nice coat of paint and it will be perty.
Hanson Trailer Pics Here's some more Pics of the Details.
Here's a few more.
Petty much the same as our but he's got better landing gears. Does he plan on painting it?
I think he might paint it when things get slow. He's got some health problems right now so paintings on the back burner. I been at the scrapyard about everyday because it's really to wet to work here. Just checking in to see if anything needs to be done. I got a bunch of car logger pics, just haven't loaded them yet.
Dam thats a nice wagon, what is this guy a scrap can buildin guru or something?
The Scrap Trailer Guru If you are involved with scrap iron, demo or rip they look like the deal to me. I think he uses Swedish Steel or something to, not just regular amour plated. I hope I didn't give away some kind of trade secret. Those pictures of the bottom of Dewayne's trailer is after hauling around 1,500 tons of short iron. I think Cat Only shows it best. An 87 model demo trailer. That's holding together pretty good.
Do you guys keep that busy over there? that thing will look really nice with a shiny paint job.
Sorry to correct you, but the highside pictured is a 01 but we have an 87 lowside that actually looks better because its got a better paint job and no dents, and with the idiot operator ointhead that used to load it, its pretty amazing that it in such perfect condition.
That's my fault. I should have been clearer. What I was thinking is the picture that shows the backs of both trailers. If the tailgate on the lowside was reskined it would be hard to tell the difference in the trailers age by looking at them. I would never guess that one was a 87 model and the other was an 01 in the demo business. Around here we got 20 year old gravel trailers that there's not enough straight metal left on them to make a sign.
hahaha sorry to correct again but the one next to it isn't a lowside its an old highside, but that one is not a Hanson, its a 1984 Daigle. I haven't post any pics of the low side yet.
I can't win for losing. ointhead I should have known it wasn't a Hanson, the tailgate was to beat up. How many demo rigs are you running in your outfit?
My friend JOEYdumps, 05 pete and east wagon...big ballin and scrap haulin!:notworthy
Well we have two Peterbilts that pull end-dumps, one Peterbilt ten-wheeler with a Hanson tub, Hanson high-side and low-side, Reliance low-side and a Diagle high-side, a Cozad low-bed and a birmingham low-bed. Plus a bunch of equipment and three ford service bodies.
those are beautiful trucks
Heres a few of my setup
One more, who says you have to be level to dump
nice bucket...:cool2
The Boston Bandit rockin out...
My ride for the day I helped a frind of mine with a house demo that he had to do and this is the truck that I ran all day. Dont know alot about it but it has a Mack motor with an 18 speed and straight pipes. Turned out to be a pretty nice ride, just had to keep the windows up so I could hear myself think! I took the last picture because it reminded me of a joke about Mack drivers, "why does mack put that little bulldog on the hood?", anyone know the answer? :drinkup
THE MACK TRUCK MASCOT Here’s how the truck got its name. It was during World War I. A new American truck was used in France. At the time, it did not have any Logo trademark. But the English soldlers were so impressed by the way the truck preformed that they gave it the nickname “Bulldog” because it was very reliable on all kinds of roads & conditions and it got through where other trucks were unable. The name stuck. The Mack Truck Company created the Bulldog Logo and mascot. somthing I googled
WRONG! The joke goes "why did mack put that little bulldog on the hood?" The answer, "So one a**hole can look at the other." :tong
the first one is my uncles and the second is of all of our trucks parked for the night.
bostn bandit at it again....:drinkup
looks like the 195 /95 merge in providence
Clean Slate
those two look awesome tonka!
Yes nice trucks tonka.
Here is mine
is that from this year?
Last winter. No its not snowing here yet, but soon.. :usa
ahh 10dash4 i was hoping winter hadent hit you yet....
i dont understand why all your trucks over there are so long? is it just for looks? Also why are cab overs so rare? Nick
most of the length of a truck is personal prefrence, the length helps with the ride and the weight issues, as for cabovers there not rare, they just dont make them anymore Pete, KW, FLD all quit making cabovers...there ois alot of old cabovers still out there working...
Yeah ok fair enough, i would have thought they would be a nightmare to drive though the city, move into tighter spots. I just never see many cab overs on HEF, over here most trucks are cab overs as they are so much shorter. but we do have length limits over here too
Good old bridge law here helps keep trucks longer than they need to be. If you get a short truck, then you end up not being able to get 80k gvw. Same with the end dumps. I have seen short trucks with shoprt trailers for hauling rip rap, but they might only be legal for as low as 66K GVW because of bridge formula. I do like the looks of the long trucks, but they are a pain in the city, or any congested jobsite, which most are.
Just got back from Long Beach, took a frac tank down and brought this end dump back. It's a Vantage 40' frameless aluminum trailer.
That's alot of cash tied up in those trucks. Awesome though!
:notworthy Some find dirty dirt haulers....SRS....:notworthy
I love this forum so I can ask dumb questions… Tonka, gotta ask, why so many sleepers in your pictures? Also, why so many large fuel tanks? One more, low ground clearance on the tractors? Around here, smaller fuel tanks, no sleeper, means a more marketable truck for rent with higher weight capacity. I can usually run three days on a load of fuel. In the photos, it appears that you could run hard a week or more. Where I haul, and this may just be perspective from your photos, most of the chrome would be torn off in either the pit or the dump or, on some of the roads I use. Most of the trucks I see around here are pretty plain jane, which really sets off the trucks in your photos. I suspect that I would like the hauls in your photos but not the traffic. Give me 30 mile of dirt road, either building or repairing a logging spur and no traffic any day.
I had a Freightliner Cabover it rode so rough I took it to the dealer and asked what could be done to smooth it out. They told me to get a conventional cab.
some of the ones i used to work on
Rock On trucking in St Cloud has some pretty sweet rigs http://www.rockontrucks.com/gallery/index.php?/category/3 Not sure how I feel about the Deere one though
I like the idea Rock On Trucking has with the themed trucks, because it does make them stand out and become noticed, but I'd rather make my Company trucks stand out with my own advertising for the business which pays the bills (but that's my opinion). After that, they are some great looking trucks though!