Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Letourneau Tree Crusher

mekanik · 2023-06-25 22:34

I made the eight plus hour drive to Mackenzie B.C. today. I saw this on the way to our hotel. I stopped and got some pictures of it. It had two V12 Cummins engines for power. They were probably VT1710's. Its a big machine the rollers are 30 feet wide and 8 feet tall. I will post more pictures when I get home.

Replies8
  1. #156wrench2023-06-26 09:53

    I saw that one too. Its hard to believe how big it is until you walk around it

  2. #2Dyl552023-06-26 11:22

    Does the front roller pivot in front of the cab? If so it must have a pretty terrible turning radius.

  3. #3Dyl552023-06-26 11:24

    Right as I posted I just noticed the big ring gear up front.

  4. #4DDoug2023-06-26 11:58

    I'll bet that's just a GREAT ! ride....not. Short straw to drive it ?

  5. #5mekanik2023-06-26 11:59

    An empty planetary/motor housing I noticed quite a few bolts are missing. A Letourneau mechanic told me all the bolts in a Latourneau machine have a double helix fine thread and are very expensive.

  6. #6mekanik2023-06-26 12:00

    With a max speed of 3 Mph you could safely text and drive.

  7. #7DDoug2023-06-26 12:08

    Riding up and over those trees will have you lunging around in that cab for sure. Even at 3 mph. I've seen the videos.

  8. #8skyking12023-06-26 15:02

    Thanks for posting that @mekanik I had no idea there was one in NA I always saw the videos of them munching the jungle somewhere.