Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lets help out my neighbor on this 312C excavator

Vetech63 · 2025-04-27 08:21

S# CBA02836 He calls me a couple of days ago. He tells me a cable on his throttle motor has broken. He bought new cables and had a "kid" change them out, but he says it's not working right. I haven't seen this machine yet but wanted to get some info on adjustments for the motor position and cable replacement. I'll be doing this for free if it doesn't take me long...........he is unaware of my decision to retire out of everyday field repair. Does anyone have any info on this stepper motor and how to adjust it to the proper operation?

Replies6
  1. #1masterwelder2025-04-27 08:30

    Easy to do through the monitor. Run the calibration if it fails you will have to use your extra long arms and reach up or down between the motor and counterweight to adjust cable length to get in range and run the calibration again. I think it may be a two cable system but you know about an aging memory…. Ill see if I can find the procedure for ya.

  2. #2masterwelder2025-04-27 08:34

    HeavyEquipmentForums this should help.

  3. #3DDoug2025-04-27 14:10

    Has LMM been into it as of yet ?

  4. #4Vetech632025-04-27 14:36

    Thats what I was looking for! Thank You. If so, I'm screwed.

  5. #5Vetech632025-05-10 08:30

    I got this done finally. Ran the calibration and had to make 1 adjustment. Works like a champ! I priced the motor itself from Cat....$1800.00+, and they don't even offer this unit as an assembly......ridiculous. I bought this complete unit for $300.00. The customer had already paid $600.00 for both of the cables alone trying to fix his old controller. Maybe I should be one of those dreaded "parts guys".

  6. #6Nige2025-05-10 10:41

    Shows what someone can do working through the diagnostics logically as opposed to firing the Parts Cannon. Well done.