Hi all, I just bought a Dynapack roller and a Bobcat from a WWA auction and wanted to show them to you and see how much you would pay for them if you needed to buy them so lets start the bidding... I know that you would need to check them and have close look at em.. but just through in a bid hi and low.... 1- 1998 Dynapac CA25 Vibratory Roller Pics bellow; 2- 2007 Bobcat S175 Skid Steer Loader
um shipping would be a killer i'l pass!
Over here bobcats, and skidsteers in general hold there money well! converting what id say about £12,000 Thats Pound sterling at todays rate about $19,850 That would be about trade sale Here, Give or take!
15k tops for the skidder, prolly 30 on the roller, and thats dollars not rihads.
Just put a price on it and imagine that it was next door.
You just made me a profit there... thanks How about the Dynapac Roller?? any price??
Whats rihads?? some kind of rackoon hydes.. just kiding you might of ment Riyals.. Well over all you just made me a grate profit even with the loss on my Bobcat.
Hay did I mention that I found half a corps in the roller gaurd... you can see it hanging out in the first pic?? looooooool I actualy found a shirt tangled inside the guard and had bit of a tuga of war to get it out.
Oops so i cant spell the saudi currency very well, I have some dinar somewhere left over from my stay in bahrain. Never made it to Saudi though, In fact I was told not to go there. I just looked on machinery trader and I guessed high on the roller, maybe 20k, though there is alot of chineese ones for sale in the 12k range.
You got Dinars... woow that heavy stuff. you know one Dinar is about 3 Bucks. Saudi is nota as bad as many people portray it to be, actualy there many butifull places in the kingdom to see. I am engaged in building a huge Shrimp farm on the west coast of Saudi on the red sea and its breath taking. Did you say chineese Dynapac?? is there any? Well the one I bought had some Chineese or Japaneese writing on the engine but dont know what it was about... whats your thoughts?
For the roller $9500-11,000 and the Bobcat $13,500-15,000.
chineese ones meaning those located in china, not necessarly made there.
CATD8N looks like a good deal, the Roller in the second picture is XCMG branded roller if we look at the Logo in the machine. I know XCMG and Dynapac has cooperated in the 1980s, but how could the logo appear?
Well I bought the Roller under the impresiion that it was a Dynapac and both pictures are for the same piece of equip. Was I had by buying a XCMG for a price of the Dynapac?? I paide U$ 14K for it and they said it was a 1998 Dynapac
sorry dumb question... Do all compactors of that size/type vibrate as they move? Or is it just weight from the front roller?
Its not a dumb question if you dont know the answer. Generally the ones that I have encountered have a switch to make them vibrate when you want it. So you can drive it as a dead weight or switch on the vibes. Many have two positions to give you bigger slower vibes or faster less agressive vibes. :drinkup
As to the question on the vibratory rollers I would say from experience that smooth drum soil compactors will now days all have the vibrate function. The rollers themselves don't have much weight so to achieve deep compaction the vibrate function is necessary. The rollers used to be rated by amplitude, which is how hard the machine pounds the ground, and frequency, which is how fast the machine vibrates. The usual type has a single frequency but I have seen multiple frequency and variable frequency units. The value of your iron is dependant on where it is located for the most part. I didn't see where this auction was located but if I look at the iron in relation to auctions in the United States the roller would not bring much money at all. It would be a gray market unit that is not popular and has little if no support by an established dealer network. Parts to repair it might not exist in this country. A knowledgeable buyer in the states might risk as much as $7,500 on it in an auction if it is fully operational. A dealer working a trade would politely decline to consider it at all. The skidsteer market in the United States right now is absolutely flooded with mulitple manufacturers and far too many machines. I view that market as about the same as cattle with out the benefit of meat, they are almost a comodity now. I could find many used skid steers on dealer lots for $15,000 knowing they would accept less. You could probably cut that figure in half and work up or down some when you go to the auctions. I have been hearing that there is a big market going on now in the middle east for parts machines and older used iron. Those markets may currently bring higher selling prices. At any rate the primary way any machine makes money is through using it. What you paid for yours will make little difference if you get enough use out of each to make a profit. Good Luck!
Well thas actualy not a dumb question... and I am not the best guy to answer.. but from what I know they roll and compact and they roll and vibrate to compact and they roll and have a dual vibration on some rollers to do the best compact.... correct me if I'm wrong guys and gals...
You said it all.... thank you for your wise and insightfull comment... :thumbsup
Thanks for the info you just saved me a huge headache. I actualy collapsed the deal due to false info provided by the auctioneer..