Well I've been waiting patiently to find a used one, but have decided to just purchase new. Does anyone have a dealer suggestion that would sell for a better price than retail? Wanting to purchase now...
Jfarris, What are you getting for prices? Are you looking at the single mast or dual mast? My quote I received from a dealer was $28,130.00 for a dual mast, Trimble control box and receivers, installation and basic training.
I'm getting $150/HR operated for Cat 289D, 84" Level-Best with Topcon Machine Control.
Seems like a very good rate. What prices are you finding to actually purchase a level best unit with the receivers, etc.?
I already had most of the Topcon equipment I needed. I found a used Level-Best after searching for over a year. With the purchase of the box and the additional machine control equipment I have about $25K in it. If your patient on the investment return, it will make you money.
Thanks for the info. We have bid a large design/build drainage system for a sports field and if we get it I plan on buying a dual mast system.
Not sure if the investment would pay for itself in the one project, but depending on how you would normally grade the site, it should almost double your daily production. Definitely go with the dual grade though.
I got a quote day b4 yesterday.... was within nickels of your price Bliz.
Granpa, Thanks for the info. Also, I appreciate all the good advice and info you post on the screen section. Are you anywhere near Aurora, MN. Froze my butt off up there once.
No... I live right where the Mississippi river starts its flow south. It has been known to freeze here a time or two too>
If anyone is looking for a Level Best attachment I've grown out of mine. It's setup with a Topcon junction box/slope sensor already mounted. It's in excellent condition. Email for inquiries [email protected]