Hi, HEF , I need to replace the bearings in the lever arms, the bottom have a lot of movement, my repair manual is does not have any info on the removal and repair. I have broken the bolts loose and the pins move free, should i take the inside lever off first?
I've no experience with that repair so I can't tell you how to do it. Looks like you are on the right track, keep us posted on how its going. Happy Holidays all.
You are doing okay with the tools at hand. A crain would be nice but the wedge serves the purpose. You really need some one to help so you don't squash any fingers. When you get it apart, heat the bushing and let cool. Should shrink enough to let bushing come out free. If the levers are too loose on the pins they can be welded up and bored out to size by a machine shop. Later Bob
Hi Bob/Ont, I have not taken it apart yet, i was thinking of moving the lift arm where i could get more room to work an get the bucket in a more flat to the ground, and with some slack on the leaver pin where it has easy or free play. Also i 'am not sure that i will take it complete off, i was thinking of leaving it connected at the top, and removing the tilt pin, and removing the bottom pin and swing it out of the way, foward or back, to get the bearing installed, the other two pins are ok i think. I do have a small chain hoist to put on it, before i try to swing it out ou the way. sam.
Hi, HEF, Its nice to have some new parts to install, the Cat dealer ups the new bearings and seals, Ill keep everyone posted on the fix of the leavers.
Run many beads of weld inside the old ones and they will shrink and come out easy. Coat new ones with never seize and then pull in with press if you can get one. Later Bob
Hi, Thanks Bob, Today i moved the bucket to a better level to get to the Lever pins, the outside off first, and leaning the inside lever to the bucket stop.
Hi, HEF, I installed the new lever bearing and sill, the pin looks rough, it has at least 1/16+ play. I guess the other side is the same.
Those pins are knackered With that linkage system a bit of wear here and a bit there all adds up to loose frame.
Hi RayF, I think your right, I guess knackered means worn out, or groved out. I'am afraid that thoes old pins will rip out the new seal's, i did a price ck, not to bad, $40+ each at one site. The leavers look tight, but there is a little play in the 2 other pins, not to bad but should i do the bearings for them also?? sam.
For the cost of those little bearings I would replace them. Also worth while getting some shims and when you put it together put whats needed in to take up any face wear.Taking out that face wear will help the pins and bearings last a lot better.
hi what size is your track loader and could you tell me what you payed for the parts. i have a cat 941 that i need to do the same thing to.thanks Mopar65
Hi mopar65, I have a 931b, the parts came from Cat Dealer, 4 bearings and 4 seals, a little over $200. I have 4 new pins ordered and more seals 8, from another after market company, I'll post the new parts from them after i get them. You can give them a call at 1-888-379-7895 to order, thier prices are a little less than Cat. sam.
HI HEF, The UPS guy droped off some new parts.
Hi HEF, Today was a good day, i was able to get the left side lever back on. and remove the right side and get it cleaned up and painted. The new stuff took all the loose slop out.
Hi HEF, another good day, finished up the lever berings, all new 8 in total to the bucket. 16 seals, 4 new pins, for now the old pins that have the welded on bracket.