Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Licenses

erthmover ยท 2005-01-05 19:40

I want to start a small excavating company with a bobcat and a dump truck. I was wondering if anyone knows if you need a special license in the state of New Jersey to own an excavating company. Thanks Al

Replies5
  1. #1DKinWA2005-01-05 20:20

    Welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone from NJ will chime in, but here's a good place to start looking for business requirements in your state. It looks like they have a checklist you can walk through to figure out what you need. State website on business startups

  2. #2erthmover2005-01-11 18:55

    Thanks for the reply the website was very helpful.

  3. #3BRL2005-01-12 01:10

    Welcome to the site! All of the businesses that are required to have state licenses are noted in their repsective sections of the Yellow Pages. So based on that & a quick check, the answer would be no. But each town has their own business regulations, so check the local municipal office for their particular requirements. Good luck!

  4. #4erthmover2005-01-14 23:49

    Thanks for taking the time out to look and reply the information you posted was very helpful.

  5. #5triaxle2005-05-02 21:46

    The county and city in which I am based do not require a business license unless you contract with the county or city. I was advised that tax reporting requires a business license so you may want to check with your tax preparer for local laws on that. Regardz