I just saw one sitting on a mass grading job in the Central Valley of California . I think it was a rental cause it isn't one of the big boys jobs . Anyone have any feed back on how they are ? Just wondering about them . Rare to see other brands big dozers out here . It was a white one kinda looked cool against all the yellow . Hardpan , granite and volcanic job .
I don't think they're very common in N. America. They made some Deere machines for awhile but I think we're more problematic than the JD made machines and not as good for parts support. I could be wrong though but that's what I remember reading when Liebherr issues came up.
I think there are a handful of D8,D9 sized Liebherr dozers in the UK virtually all owned by Liebherr rental. The small D6 sized ones are making inroads to the market though and seem good. It’s early days though yet,and old ones seem to be purchased back by Liebherr possibly to keep resale values up?