Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr 716 dozer – suddenly cannot move forward nor back, this icon shows up…

slmobile · 2024-08-05 20:59

I'm fairly new to this machine so I apologize if this is a silly problem. I'm stuck in the middle of a giant soft field, I'm afraid if heavy rain comes I may not be able to have it pulled out so I'm trying to get it moving again asap. I've been on it for a while and I can't seem to get it unstuck. As I was working, suddenly the machine stopped moving and the screen showed the yellow upside-down triangle in the middle (picture attached.) From the manual I deduced it's an emergency parking. There are no other errors anywhere. Every other function works, i.e. the engine starts, RPMs go up/down as dialed, the blade moves in all directions. I cannot go forward nor backwards anymore - it's not responding to the drive joystick. I press the "mushroom" switch (emergency stop button) but it doesn't have any effect. I checked all the fuses - all are good. I disconnected the batteries, restarted but the emergency icon comes right up, even before the ignition/engine starts, during the boot sequence What's left for me to check? Any help appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1crane operator2024-08-05 21:16

    liebherr tech support for their cranes, has top notch for me. I didn't buy my liebherr new from the factory either. Find out who the local dealer, or the district support is, and call them. Web site shows gillette wyoming- has dozer support. Have your serial # when you call them. Contact​ Mining Equipment 5800 S Douglas Hwy Gillette, WY 82718 Phone+1 307-686-0948

  2. #2slmobile2024-08-06 20:32

    Resolved - the "mushroom" button broke and always engaged the push-down switches.

  3. #3crane operator2024-08-06 21:10

    liebherr tech support? or you figure it out on your own?

  4. #4slmobile2024-08-06 21:43

    On my own. I gave it another shot and happens to be lucky one.