Hi. I recently bought this excavator. It starts instantly but will shut off in 5 or 10 seconds. It is definitely electrical. I can watch the shut off solenoid move to the off position for no reason. It will do this instantly as soon as it starts. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect it the machine goes for a good 10 seconds and then trips to off again. Im very familiar with turning wrenches but when it comes to electrical I start struggling. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. It is a 1997.
Do you have the 3 wire shut off solenoid? If you do, one wire is pull (powered while cranking) one is hold (powered with key on) and the other is ground. I'm guessing your hold coil is bad.
And many 3 wire solenoids have an adjustment. If the adjustment is not correct the hold in coil can't hold it in.