So been doing some reading on this machine and would like to know what Liebherr excavator replaced the 991. I found two different answers from two different authors so I just figured I'd clarify and see if anyone on here knows. Was it the 991 replaced with the 992 or 994?
Answer for your R991 question I belive the 992 replaced the 991.My uncle is still running a R981 and has one he uses for parts also.The 991 is quite abit bigger.
Yes,it was replaced with the 992. I've done a heap of boring on both of them.A mining company here had 5 or 6 991's that I used to work on. The 992 didn't really take off here. It was an in between machine at the time.The 994 came out and sold well and no one wanted the smaller machine.
Do you know of any R981's down there Ray? The excavator version.
I don't know of any. The first 100 ton Liebherr diggers I worked on were the early 984's.
Ok thanks,theres one of those right close to here,those Liebherr's have a buch of pulling power,my uncle has seen this first hand.Even the smaller ones are pretty impressive such as the R954,64 and the R974. Id love to run one of the new 9800's or even the 996 there both very huge!!
All my experience is on 974 up to 996 all of them used for mining. They are strongly built but I think owners either love them or hate them. From a line borers point of view they are easy to work on and they need it often There are a few pics on this old page of mine of Liebherrs. The big bores being welded are 994 swing box bores. http://plb.iinet.net.au/jobs.htm
Thanks guys, much appreciated! Ray, I'll get in with you on that. A company over here bought a 9250 a couple years ago. It definitely a well built and fast little digging machine but the amount of repairs and attention it's needed for a machine with only 10,000 hours is pretty extensive!
RayF, one other question. The 991 utilized two hydraulic tanks correct? One for each set of hydraulic pumps. Were both tanks independent or did they cross feed? Thanks
Sorry,I wouldn't have a clue. All my experience on them was line boring booms,stick and buckets.
Ray,is there any R974's for parts over there. My uncle is needing a boom cycl for a R974. It is a 1989 model.
89 is getting a bit long in the tooth but you could try Best Tractor Parts here in Perth. If you get me a part number I can enquire.