Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LIEBHERR R942HD Good? Bad?

Sled Puller ยท 2007-03-16 19:34

Looking at one local, to build a few ponds around the farm. Never ran that model, or manufactorer, good, bad, ugly? 1984 model.

Replies3
  1. #1Wulf2007-03-17 08:06

    My guess is that could have trouble with parts supply and finding someone to fix it if you lose a pump or a swing/drive motor. Probably runs a Deutz engine. If its cheap, I would guess that its cheap for those reasons rather than there being anything inherently wrong in its design.

  2. #2mflah872007-03-17 22:06

    Parts are hard to get for those machines. Look for a Cat or something that you would normally see.

  3. #3Sled Puller2007-03-17 22:51

    Thanks, I was afraid of that. Its not much more than scrap price, I don't think I'll ever find a Cat for that little, that doesn't need major work. When it warms up, I'll run it, if it feels like I can get a year out of it,maybe I'll risk it!!