Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr SWL 124t moving wind turbine blades (Vestvind)

manolitor · 2021-12-02 02:40

A precision work, in the video we see the special heavy-duty freighter Vestvind, loading wind turbine blades in the port of Castellón for a whole morning, using two cranes (Liebherr SWL 124t) simultaneously, which requires great skill given the size of the blades., which requires great skill given the size of the blades.

Replies2
  1. #1Natman2021-12-02 23:02

    I was flying over I-15 a couple weeks ago, and saw one of the big blades on a trailer beneath me. I've seen them often from the ground, and also have flown quite near them on a calm day, but this was the first time looking at one being hauled, from the air. A standard 60' flatbed semi was passing it, and it, the flatbed, looked like a toy, the single blade was at least 3 times longer.

  2. #2Bumpsteer2021-12-03 19:49

    We have turbine blade trains go past the house, special flatcars, 2 blades for 3 cars. 50-60 cars per train. Used to have tower sections also, don't know why but not anymore. Ed