How many hours should a small Kubota engine like a V1702 or V2203 run before it needs overhaul, I know it depends on....but just on average? Thanks, Bill B
I don't think there is an average for a tractor like these, to many variables come into play. I know that is not the answer you want to hear(read), but any other would be pure guessing
It's been my experience that Kubota engines often outlast the machine they're in.
I've seen them on reefers with 10,000+ and they looked like they were never touched. Then some of the Amish communities will keep them running several more after that. Supposedly they can take some awful abuse and keep on going. No idea how long they'll run in a skidsteer or small tractor. That's obviously harder than running a freezer or a planer.
we had 2 bobcats one 46 hp one 56 hp. ran the smaller one to 7000 hours no problems. ran the other to 9000 and it was still running good when we sold it.
ive seen them run over 10K hrs, ad seen them blow at 1500 hrs. the key to a long lived kubota is keeping it cool. run them hot a few times and you'll have a cracked head. i'll guarantee it'll happen. keep running with the cracked head/loosing coolant, and you'll be replacing an engine. i've seen quite a few mid 80's vintage 743's that are still chugging along. :drinkup