I am starting a job Monday that is going to require some heavy lifting. 10 to 15 thousand pounds. Does anyone have the lifting capacity for a Cat 312? My operators manual says how to lift but no weight caps. Any help here will be much appreciated. Thanks, Rube
typially a decal in the right cab window giving lift capacities at different radii. i'm quite confident 10k is even waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of a 312's range
Isn't it close to 25% of what the machine weighs? say a 40,000LBS machine can pick up 10,000 LBS. May be slightly more.
http://www.cat.com/cmms/images/C414766.pdf says 10,000 is doable within 10 to 15 feet of the machine.
Cat 312 BL lifting specifications: Try this, R Glover. Well, if you can read it, anyway. That was scanned from my specs. book, but it didn't turn out very good...:beatsme I don't know how to fix it either... :bash OCR Damn!
My 23 tonner can lift 11 ton at ground level with the stick vertical . It drops off fast from that point . 2 ton fully extended . I would think a 12 tonner would be around half these figures .
that 10' is from the centerpin of your machine. we run 200 sized machines... and 10k at any distance out...is not real comfortable.
OCR: Are any lift tables online or do you need to purchase a manual?
Lifting Capicity for a Cat 312: Maui Gulch, Download BCB's link if you can, it's close to our machines specs. Ours is a 312 BL, no blade...with the 8' 2'' stick... (R2.5) R Glover, On looking again at your requirements... you wouldn't have much to play with. And... the specs. are the from center... like dayexco said. It would be real iffy... OCR
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat"
Thank Everyone Thanks for the responses, I feel a lot better about this job now, all lifting will be close in and will get to ground as soon as it clears the trailer. I will get some pics to post, these are cell towers in 20 to 50ft sections. Thanks, Rube
cell towers? that need to be erected at a particular site at a particular time? and the tower owner will lose revenue if one of them are dropped, damaged, need repair or replacement and can't be erected at their specified time? it'll be my guess, if there's any damage, you'll be responsible for tower damage, PLUS, loss of revenue to that tower site. man, for the couple hundred bucks you're going to make getting it off the trailer....there's NO way i'd pick 10k with that machine.
This is a link to the cat site and the specs for a new 312. http://www.cat.com/cmms/images/C414766.pdf Just keep in mind, when you are unloading this things off a trailer, that you have to start with the height of the trailer plus the top of the load then the rigging on top of that. You'll be looking at some pretty good height on the bucket before you even start to pick the load.
My plan on the really big poles is to lift the back and have the truck pull out far enough to set the heavy end down and then go to the front and P/U the other end and have the truck pull on out. I do have a crane in reserve, but will use only if I have to. The last 3 truckloads will be the heavy stuff. The worst one is 53ft long and 22K lbs. I will have my loader on site also for a little xtra. I am getting 23 truckloads of this stuff. Five a day starting tomorrow. I will take some pics to post on the big stuff.
Screeeeech!!! That will probably work... I've done it many times that way. Of course I don't know what type of of trailers they're using. And, I've never had a nice, shiny, new, aluminum flatbed or drop deck. Have you discussed this with the haulers?? Are these steel trusses? This method won't deform the end that's dragging on the trailer, will it? One more note.... Will the structure 'self support', just resting on the back edge of the trailer, when you let it down... for you're move to the front? If all of this is checks out ok... should work fine... :thumbsup OCR
Post script: Need to add a bit. I've never unloaded cell towers... just used the technique you're talking about. Also, heed dayexco's post to the n th degree... about being responsible for tower damage, and loss of revenue to the tower site.... It probably wouldn't be dollars/hour... more likely... dollars/second.... Good luck though... we'll be awaiting your report.... OCR
Those cell tower jobs are crazy, I worked on one 2 years ago. The company that owned it told us they'd pay for the whole job in 1 day of hits off the tower on a busy holiday weekend, which they had it up and running by then.
I tried picking up a jag of 5' diameter concrete pipe 8' long, with a 320L. It was a waste of time. I could get it off the ground, but not safely. Same kinda deal, it was on a step deck trailer, which was too high up for the hoe. I'd be real careful pushing the limits on something that is expensive, which you might have to eat. I'd rent something to do it right, or least bring a lot of patience.
Last weeks job went great, no injury's or equipment damege. my Cat 312 would lift the heavy end of most of the tower base's. I would lift and have the driver slowly pull out, set the end down and track to the front and lift the other end The driver would pull completely out from under the pole and then I would set the front down. The total pole wt was 15K lbs 45ft to 50ft. The largest ones were 50ft to 53ft long. We had 3 that were in the 25K range. I had to call in the crane on those @ 160.00 per hr + delivery. I learned a lot last week, and thanks for the advise all on the forum gave me. Also thanks to the folks who keep this forum up and going. If I can help anyone out with my limited knowledge on this kind of stuff, feel free to ask. Rube
she will lift 12,000 and change She will lift 12,000 and change if you take the bucket off bring the load in and step on the peddle a bit to get the second pump in then pull up with the boom.