Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Size comparison Deere to Cat.

Cat-385BL ยท 2008-11-28 13:30

Guys this is for modeling purposes, I thought those of you in real life would be better able to help me with this one. I have a JD Excavator 690C, mounted on a flat car for railroad use. I'd like to make another one, with a Cat Excavator, whats the equivelant model Cat, to the JD 690C? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Replies15
  1. #1humboldt deere2008-11-28 18:09

    cat 320

  2. #2Cat-385BL2008-11-28 18:13

    THANKS, now might you have any idea of a model making company that makes the Cat 320? In diecast? 1/64th scale that is!

  3. #3stumpjumper832008-11-28 22:09

    http://www.outbacktoystore.com/Details.asp?Product=4335 its a 315 muddy

  4. #4Cat-385BL2008-11-28 22:13

    Thanks, I knew of this one. Sadly to get the size of excavator I need one in 1/64th scale, not 1/87th, even tho, I'm modeling 1/87th, the body and boom/stick length isn't enough......SO, I need a 1/64th 320B or 320C model in 1/64th to compete with the 1/64 Deere 690C that I have on one already.

  5. #5catd8t2008-11-29 18:23

    you can try www.spec-check.com next time lol

  6. #6Cat-385BL2008-11-30 12:48

    catd8t, Thanks, I didn't even know that existed for the check of sizes! I appreciate it, THANKS again.

  7. #7catd8t2008-11-30 19:59

    who do you work for in concord

  8. #8Cat-385BL2008-12-01 00:06

    Believe it or not, I work for the state Liquor Commission! Down on Storr Street.

  9. #9catd8t2008-12-01 10:07

    oh nice better then me i work for knowone as of last week and i just spent all moring calling ever compeny around and none of them have work it sucks big time

  10. #10Cat-385BL2008-12-01 18:07

    Yeah, work right now, with how the economy is, is nearly impossible! I feel for ya man! Its a extremely tough market out there! Tried contacting the NH DOT?

  11. #11cpfrank2008-12-01 23:21

    Here is a link to cyrk. http://www.shopcaterpillar.com/cate...scssid=0bnrtrah2qdm9pj01gtk481tqp1rbbperapjqp

  12. #12Cat-385BL2008-12-02 16:26

    cpfrank, THANKS! They don't show the Cat 320, that I need for the application. So......I may have to custom paint one thats extremely close to the Deere 690C that I'm trying to replicate only, in Caterpillar.

  13. #13catd8t2008-12-02 20:48

    yeah i just picked up a job with the town of pembroke doing trash and im going to get my cdl only thing is i took a cut in pay but it bets not working and im not one to sit on unimployment

  14. #14Cat-385BL2008-12-03 15:58

    I hear that..... So, doing trash for what? The city, or like WM?

  15. #15catd8t2008-12-04 21:04

    the city but that all changed and i walked in today and they are putting me on second foremen on the road crew i guess they like me hahaha