Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LiftKing LK6P44

Bigfooteq ยท 2024-07-03 11:06

The transmission in my old '79 Yale G83P keeps slipping and works when it wants to, so I just bought this 2009 Lift King. Now either the steering or transmission pump is squealing. Transmission fluid isn't burnt, looks good, but looks overfilled. With the machine shut off, the trans fluid is 4" above the full mark. Should I check it with the engine running in neutral or something? The filter looks like it's never been changed. I have one on order. Lift King has apparently been aquired by Caterpillar asn CAT wants $217.35 for a parts manual and $700 for the service manual. Ouch! What do ya think?

Replies2
  1. #1Bigfooteq2024-07-03 11:34

    This is the filter, under the seat. The transmission fluid comes up to where my thumb is, but the full mark is at the yellow arrow.

  2. #2MarcusZ19672024-07-03 17:59

    I've always likes those RT lift trucks! Not the price of the manuals tho.... Looks good!! Needs a service I see on that filter and DS.