Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Light equipmnet forums – the smallest cat tracked vehicle I’ve seen.

ChrisBIGDoer · 2012-10-16 11:53

The smallest cat tracked vehicle I've ever seen. Sorry, I am new here and can't post attachments. Seen at the Pioneer Acres Museum in Irricana Alberta Canada. The picture - http://www.bigdoer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DSCF2877.jpg The article it appears in - http://www.bigdoer.com/3701/old-things/old-road-and-construction-machinery-pioneer-acres-museum-irricana/ Chris “BIGDoer” Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path. Hiking - Adventure - History - Exploration http://www.bigdoer.com

Replies3
  1. #1Clawed Backster2012-10-20 08:03

    I had one of those about 35-40 years ago. They were originally built as a walk behind garden tractor. Mine had been converted to a "ride on" style just like I believe that one was. I think that is a Vaughn Flex Tread. Neat machine.

  2. #2stumpjumper832012-10-20 08:33

    cleatrac made a tiny dozer as well. The model "f" was designed as a ride on tracked garden tractor, and the first high track style machine. http://cletrac.org/media/pictures/fink/R2_and_F_cletrac.jpg

  3. #3ChrisBIGDoer2012-10-26 18:58

    I can post pics now - that small tractor..... Chris “BIGDoer” We invite your comments either here or on our website. Chris and Connie: Off the beaten path. Hiking - Adventure - History - Exploration http://www.bigdoer.com