Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lighting and such

Dan O'Connor ยท 2022-09-22 14:12

Hello, my facility has a Case W14B Wheel Loader, that I have been put in charge of maintenance since I have the most mechanical skills. I know that this unit is 24 Volt system, but does that include the lighting and accessories as well? I need to get the flashers working, as well as replacing some of the work lights. I'd like to replace all the halogen with LED's but wasn't sure if I could just wire them up to the existing wires. I'd appreciate any help and info.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2022-09-22 14:31

    Odds are that everything is 24v. Only you can verify, by measuring voltage at one of the lamps. Anything less than 2500 lumens in an LED isn't worth using as worklamps.

  2. #2rockfarm2022-09-22 14:55

    system should be 24 volts and yes it does include lights and accessories. I've changed out our machine's halogen lights for LED's. the LED's we bought worked from 9 to 32 volts. for work lights we did not go less than 80 watts and yes, less than 2500 lumens doesn't cut it for work lights. It should not be a problem to use existing wires.