Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Waukesha 190 engine

Galen Zortman · 2022-09-20 13:16

I have a Michigan 75a with a a Waukesha 190-dlc motor, I'm looking for a starter replacement or rebuild kit manufacturer. Anybody know of such a place?

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632022-09-20 13:17

    Is this something a local rebuilder can't do?

  2. #2Coaldust2022-09-21 01:29

    Take the starter off and look at the tag. It’s probably a Delco Remy. I’m sure one of us could identify it for you.

  3. #3kshansen2022-09-21 09:01

    Thought I might have a parts book but the closest Waukesha book I have is for a 140, might be the same but they list two different Delco Remy starters depending on the flange size.

  4. #4Woodtick2022-11-20 09:58

    Any luck with the starter? I have a Waukesha gas motor in my Michigan Clark loader and had to find a starter also. The one I ended up getting is right in all aspects except the nose length, it was too long. So I manufactured a spacer. If you are still looking I can try to find all the specs and where I got the starter .

  5. #5Galen Zortman2022-11-20 18:51

    I couldn't find one, there was a guy in Russel, KS who overhauled it for me for $109. Now finding a brake rebuild kit...oh my. Thanks everyone for you help, I appreciate it.

  6. #6Welder Dave2022-11-21 17:16

    $109.00 sounds like a really good deal!