Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

lights on 955L

workshoprat92 ยท 2015-10-08 18:34

Well my next project is to put lights back on my 955L. My guys have asked for it so i need to get em on if I want to keep them working. Anyone have any pictures of how yours are mounted. I can find the aftermarket light assembly but not sure if it comes with all the attaching hardware. Would like to see what it all looks like so I know what I need. I find the light in the parts book but it does not show all the hardware which is odd as detailed as cat parts books are. My brackets are still there and a wire is stubbed out but been hacked off at one time. Do need one bracket for the front but should be no problem to find used I hope. I never worried about it cause I dont like to work that late but if the guys want to do it they can knock themselves out. Its their choice.

Replies2
  1. #1AllDodge2015-10-09 16:03

    My lights are non existant, but when you do the wiring remember there 24V not 12V

  2. #2workshoprat922015-10-10 08:30

    Yep and I found out I can get lights from USI in oklahoma for 15 apiece under the stock part number. I did have one bracket missing and found a new old stock for $50 which I thought was real reasonable. Funny thing is I cannot buy aftermarket lights to retrofit cheaper than I can get the stock light. It really pays to shop around and I got a list of usualls I buy from. They all have deals on something.