Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lime Green Trucks

woodee955 ยท 2008-06-06 22:16

I like what the trailer dump says on the frame. They are a large sand and gravel company were i lived in NY.

Replies20
  1. #1DR RPM2008-06-06 23:08

    Okay, I give up. What brand are those trucks.:bash

  2. #2digger242j2008-06-06 23:22

    Diamond Reo. Everybody knows that.

  3. #3humboldt deere2008-06-07 01:57

    I wonder what corallation they have with the countryband? when I was in high school they were big.

  4. #4digger242j2008-06-07 07:16

    According to Wikipedia: Diamond T and REO merged in 1967 to form Diamond REO, which didn't last long. (BTW, I recognized them as Diamond REOs, but had to look up the date. I'm no encyclopedia.)

  5. #5tonka2008-06-07 07:41

    Yes but you prolly stayed at a HIE last night didn't you! HIE = Holiday Inn Express...

  6. #6Steve Frazier2008-06-07 07:49

    The trucks with the sloped hood were equipped with air cooled Duetz diesels and had no radiator. There was a time in my area where every garbage truck you ever saw was on a Diamond Reo chassis. They were big in fuel trucks too. Woodee, were those trucks parked along Rt 17?

  7. #7DR RPM2008-06-07 08:42

    Diamond Reo's haven't been sold in Canada for so many years.

  8. #8kamerad472008-06-07 17:18

    That wide nose Autocar were the best ( Looking ) trucks made, I don't care want anyone says! The pete's & KW's were plastic compared to them! Volvo killed the Autocar!!

  9. #9rino14942008-06-07 18:17

    I see those Diamond Reo's all the time on 81 here in PA near Wilkes-Barre. Not sure what they are doing down here, but I am about 1hr 15min from the NY border. For older trucks, they are very nice. I heard that he has about 50 of them. My dad drools everytime he sees them. He is a huge Diamond Reo and Autocar fan. We have a '84 Diamond Reo tandem tractor with a Big Cam 400 Cummins and a '89 Autocar tri-axle with a 400 Cummins.

  10. #10tonka2008-06-07 18:28

    Lopke has a pit down in Birchardville, PA

  11. #11rino14942008-06-07 20:27

    That is still 1 hr north of me. Maybe they are delivering to a concrete plant or something down my way.

  12. #12woodee9552008-06-07 23:09

    Steve, they are, right before the Owego exit if your heading west. I don't think he ever ran those slant nose trucks, he picks up every autocar and diamond reo he can get his hands on for parts I believe. When I was a kid all he had was Autocars and the 359 style with the tall cab and short nose. He got rid of the Brockways 10-15 years ago, to hard to get parts and started getting the Reo's Rino, I've seen them down there also. I don't know if the hauled anything down but they were hauling something back. I could never tell what it was. Heres some more pics.

  13. #13D5G2008-06-08 11:16

    Those are some awesome old trucks...thanks for the pics!

  14. #14Dwan Hall2008-06-08 13:14

    This is the truck I started with back in 1982. It is a 1963 REO before the diamond T merger I still have it and would like to repower it. It has a c series Cummins 180 HP w/ 5 speed main box and 4 speed brownie 40K rears and 10K front axle. no brakes on the front axle, sure messes with the dot when they inspect it. 8yd aluminum box and seats out of 1 of my 69 camaro's

  15. #15D5G2008-06-08 14:10

    those are some cool old trucks. Dwan- how many miles on the '63?

  16. #16Dwan Hall2008-06-08 18:30

    A little over 400K

  17. #17stretch2008-06-08 18:57

    Here's their website... http://lopkerockproducts.com/

  18. #18D5G2008-06-08 19:01

    man thats an awesome truck...400K is pretty good for a truck that old. Thanks for the link stretch!

  19. #19ddot4302008-06-09 00:19

    wow d Reo's cool I have not seen one of them in a look time. does that company have a web site

  20. #20OCR2008-06-09 04:15

    tonka, LOL... Took a minute or so for that one to soak in... very good...:notworthy I'm going to the big town (Billings) this morning for an MRI on my neck... Hope he's better then the one in the commerical... :laugh... OCR