AC not working as cool as it should and can see sloshing in the sight glass. 87 Pete 359. I hooked up hose but nothing happened. The compressor is not the round type, but the kind that looks like a little air comressor, maybe a York?? It has shut off valves in both inlet and outlet on the head. Do you have to screw in the valve to open up to let more refrigrant come in? At present it's in full open position. Thanks for any comment. LB
I strongly recommend you get a hose with the proper gauge if you don't have one, Over charging you compressor is worse than running under charged as when it gets really heated up the head pressure increase quite a bit and can blow seals or ruin the compressor. Each manufacturer of coolant gives it their own tag name ( 134A, 414 or whatever) some new types such as Duracool are compatable with most types and I have found that in my heavy duty dehumidifiers for lumber they can run with 20% less pressure on the low side and they cool better than they ever did when I bought them. By the way, make sure you are hooking your hose to the low pressure side or the coolant will not go in. The gauge will tell you if the valve is open or closed, some of these goofy auto type valves work ass backwards to keep the valve sealed. I have had excellent luck with Duracool in trucks, cars, and industrial.
was it an R-12 syst. converted? if it is a york/techum. comp. they do not do well with being overfilled! and yes you have to open a valve and the valves work backwards and don't open them all the way.and if your not sure get someone who knows because if you blow it up and get fragments through syst. you could wind up installing a new syst. [very expenseve]