What are you guys doing about these old NiCad batteries? My grease guns work great but battery packs are shot. I won’t hesitate to buy new but with so many 3D printers out there I felt there’s a better option. There has to be some kind of adapter? Put a dewalt battery on?
I rebuild them myself with a large "Weller" soldering gun to install tabs onto the replacement cells ordered online. They are usually a series wired group of batteries is all. Most any "Batteries Plus" store will rebuild those, and I've seen them offered on ebay in times gone past. Ebay for instance: Lincoln Power Luber Grease Gun Battery for sale | eBay Get the best deals for Lincoln Power Luber Grease Gun Battery at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! www.ebay.com
The one I had I bought a m18 battery conector and made a adaptor used it till the gun died
I saw them on eBay, and wondered if they are any good. These (3) still charge up but only last about 10 min max.
You talking about some kind of custom adapter?
Yep bought the thing that just hold the battery and get power and ground and made it out of a old battery
I got some eBay units in the mail system today. Hopefully they will be the fix!! Thanks
No worries and hope they work for you.
We sold those Lincoln guns when I worked for a lubricant jobber and the proprietary battery was the weak link in that product line. We ate so many of them for warranty that it wasn’t worth dealing with Lincoln. And somewhat embarrassing, when DeWalt & Milwaukee have the market with a much better battery platform.
Yeah thats what I was hoping for was a conversion piece or some adapter to run a real battery
I know for Dewalt 18 volt tools they and a few after market places sell adapters to let you use the newest 20volt batteries to replace the old 18 volt batteries. Just bought one for my tools. Nice thing is it accepts new batteries of higher Amp Hour ratings than the original 18 volt battery.
Someone must have made a 3D printed adapter for the Lincoln battery, by now. The actual tool is pretty solid.
One of my suppliers was a Lincoln rep and we always had good service from most items vendored by them. Reels were always ReelCraft in a Lincoln housing, pneumatic pumps were good quality, bulk tanks were usually "Lube Cube" and the like. Those battery greasers were nice at the time, but as stated the battery packs were the weak link. IIRC 14.4VDC, (nicad) was the highest ever purchased in the brand, but the packs didn't hold up very long. We went back to pneumatic about 2008 and remained through my departure.
I run Lincoln, have 8 of the 4 ah batteries. They are hard to find, but in the summer, one charged 20V lithium will pump 8-10 tubes of grease on high. Batteries are about $100 per when you can find them. One thing to be very careful about if you make an adapter for a lithium battery. As soon as you notice the gun slowing, even a little, it needs to be swapped out. Dedicated lithium tools will shut down to prevent overheat, or over-discharge of the battery. You will destroy a battery in short order if not careful.
Thats what I was hoping for. I got some 18v NiMH batteries coming but ill keep looking. I have a some plastic wall mount dewalt receivers to power a radio. I will have to see if I can make some kind of mod. Right now I just need to grease my stuff and only have one working arm. I got a pistol grip gun but it wont push into most joints on a road grader without someone in the cab.