Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Penetrating Oil L-640 It impressed me

reganj · 2024-01-19 23:47

I am sure yall know about this but I recently found out about it and I think it is amazing, It comes from Baton Rouge Industries and the website is BatonRougeIndustries.com I am not a salesman nor trying to sell anything. Anyone have any experience with it??? Admins,, if this is in the wrong area please move it, Thank You.

Replies28
  1. #1reganj2024-06-28 21:50

    OK 06 months and no replies,,, Some people call it Panther P i s s, I was told there are a few videos of it I guess on Youtube???

  2. #2cfherrman2024-06-30 08:50

    Pp is just cheap pb blaster

  3. #3Old Doug2024-06-30 09:03

    I have never seen it around for sale. I am not very impressed with pb blaster and there are several videos of tests to back me up. I am very impressed with pb blaster marketing .

  4. #456wrench2024-06-30 09:55

    Its all snake oil. In my experience there is no miracle penetrating oil— just questionable marketing

  5. #5Vetech632024-06-30 11:51

    I’m wondering if this product would keep me from blowing through a case of lotion.

  6. #6DDoug2024-06-30 11:54

    Get back to the saw mister.....

  7. #7reganj2024-06-30 21:46

    Quick back story, I found a 12 inch crescent wrench in the ground, rusty and of course would not move. Soaked it in used engine oil for a week or more, no change. A friend of mine gave me a bottle of L-640 and I sprayed the crescent wrench and came back 10 minutes later and it started moving a little. 5 minutes later it operated as it should. I have used it on several different things and it worked very well. It takes about 02 days to wash the smell of off your skin. Your results may vary.

  8. #8Legdoc2024-06-30 22:39

    My son in law tells me Kroil is what they use at the chemical plant and they think it's magic. Never used it. I have mixed 50/50 acetone and ATF with good results.

  9. #9Old Doug2024-07-02 07:09

    I had a truck with a very hard to use choke cable. I sprayed it with several different things no improvement . I was some were and they had some pennzoil penetrating spray cheap on close out. First and last time i ever saw it. I sprayed the cable with it went to work, pulled it out and pushed it back in crap it broke i thought thats how free it was after that.

  10. #10DDoug2024-07-04 18:39

    How does it work it lit on fire ?

  11. #11reganj2024-07-05 21:46

    I will send you a sample so you can test it and report back.

  12. #12crane operator2024-07-05 23:04

    So you sell this?

  13. #1392U 34062024-07-06 14:04

    I've never really seen the point in using penetrating oil. 99.9% of the time I (and the customer) don't have 2 weeks to let it actually seep into rusty threads. It helps on exposed threads but it's not doing SFA to help release threads that are rusted together. Not during a 30 minute lunch break anyways. I've had far more success with using heat.

  14. #14Coaldust2024-07-06 14:17

    I was going to mention that, too. Kroil and Big Ed’s red are my favorites. These chemical concoctions may just be a placebo in some situations, but they seem effective in some cases. Kroil smells like cancer. Nasty stuff.

  15. #15reganj2024-07-07 22:04

    Crane Operator,, I do not sell this. I was messing with Digger Doug about the question how does it work lit on fire?? I have been told Kroil is the best penetrating oil with L-640 being next in line. Does not take 02 weeks to work in my experience. Was trying to tell people about my good experience with it and maybe they can contact the company for a free sample to make their own determination.

  16. #16IceHole2024-07-08 04:22

    It's decent but pricey and kind of hard to find. Little can like that was around $15 I think. I use it only when.i REALLY need it.

  17. #17cfherrman2024-07-08 08:52

    Depending on where you buy wd40 or pb is around $10 a can and the pb barley makes half a can before the nozzle gives up

  18. #18thepumpguysc2024-07-08 09:13

    Idk what’s in it but KNOCKER LOOSE is fantastic..!!

  19. #19cfherrman2024-07-08 10:14

    Knocker loose sounds better than panther **** haha

  20. #20thepumpguysc2024-07-08 20:14

    Seriously, that’s the name of it.. Knock R Loose.. It’s some GOOOOD ****

  21. #21crane operator2024-07-08 20:35

    I usually don't get kroil, its hard to find, but I thought it was kind of orangey smelling. I kind of like that orangey smell, especially if it gets sprayed on something I've already had the heat to. That way you get it smoking right off. I don't think that really helps, but it makes me feel like I'm making progress.

  22. #22Truck Shop2024-07-08 22:02

    Yes it is tpg. Aluminum wheels on a trailer that have been on through a long winter and not removed for a year and a half will corrode to the cast steel hub/hub pilot. Knock R Loose works the best at dissolving the crud between wheel and hub. Even at that I've had wheels that with only four lugs on loose doing zero point turn with three axle won't come loose with out a fight, loaded no problem. Some up to 1 hour time to remove.

  23. #23Drag racer2024-07-08 22:07

    I have good results with Free All like seeing the rust roll out not much waiting time.

  24. #24Old Doug2024-07-09 07:55

    I cant see how anything can penetrate rust and crud . It's a very good sealant. More thought needs to be put into the assembly so it can be taken apart.

  25. #25cfherrman2024-07-09 09:16

    That costs money though

  26. #26tuney4432025-02-27 08:07

    I have used Schaeffers Penetro for 18 years now. It works fantastic and have tested it against Kroil on a friction machine. It beat Kroil every time for lubricity. It is not solvent based, it's oil based so it doesn't evaporate after use.

  27. #27Vetech632025-02-27 08:11

    I tried to give the wife some penetrating oil this morning, but she wasn't having any of it. Apparently, it causes headaches.

  28. #28tuney4432025-02-27 08:58

    Funny story and 100% true. Last Summer at a car show I was a vendor--Schaeffer Lubricants. So one of my banners says "specialzed lubricants." This hot looking chick comes over to me and tells me her story. Seems she doesn't like friction while doing the deed in the shower and asks if I have something for her. Trying my best to hold a straight face, I explain no, sorry, all my products are petroleum based, not safe for personal use. I could have had some laughs with her but she was hanging with a bunch of guys, didn't want to press my luck.