I was interested in finding out if anyone has tryed making their own Line Bore machine for bushings on a trackhoe ? I have a 220 Komat. that is needing to have the boom bushings at the bucket reworked. Any info would be appreciated.
I hav' nt tried yet!! but i am really thinking about it for my next one! A have one at the minute and think i could make one of my own, the way i want it quite cheap! Il post some pictures of mine later!
There has been a thread on that using pillow block bearings and a drive motor for a plumber's pipe thread machine I believe. I don't know where to find it, sorry.
http://www.alstern-technologies.com/pdf/Line%20Boring%20Machines.pdf This may help.
A cheap way to line-bore loader frames dipper arms etc, is use a decent pedestal magnetic drill with a pillow block and bearing to support the boring bar at the other end and away you go, with the travel of 100mm + on you mag drill you should have plenty of travel to do in-situ line boring
I worked as a helper for a line boring guy for awhile in my youth and he had made his own rig instead of using a commercial one. One thing I would recommend is to get yourself a high-end level for set-up. I remember one job we worked on where the boom arm on a big cat had a small twist in it and the bucket would not sit level to the ground so we line bored the bucket pin to match the bend in the arm. I thought that was a very cool fix...
The guys that came and line bored my stick today were using a homemade machine with pillow block bearings and a length of cylinder rod that had been turned into a boring rod. I regret not taking pictures now but looked like a fairly simple build.
I made my own from parts several years ago. got a boring bar and cones from a company that made boring machines. pillow blocks, ect... and all thread from grainger. had an adapter made at the local machine shop. had a low speed right angle to drive it already. welder and misc steel around the shop. worked pretty darn well and was a ton cheaper then having some one come out and do it.