Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need shipping companys for quote name a few!

Construct'O ยท 2010-02-27 00:58

I bought a detachable lowboy and need to get it picked up and deliver to my place.I have posted on Uship.com and another one i find locally. It's a 51 ft. three axile trailer,so my thought is to long to haul,but not the easier to get someone to do the one way trip thing,unless they can find another trailer or something to head back home with? Would like somemore shippers if you know of any.Thanks:usa

Replies14
  1. #12stickbill2010-02-27 08:46

    There is some load posting sites where you post your location the items at and where it is going.Just search for load boards.Most will be free to post a load.Brokers I would stay away from.They pay the trucker very little keep the rest and some times don't pay the trucker.One site is Get Loaded Dot Com.There is many more.A truck trying to get in your area to get home are load will usually do it cheaper.The RGN can be shortened by loading the neck on the trailer.

  2. #2Construct'O2010-02-27 09:28

    Actually the neck is off right now and loaded,so maybe need to use that theory of having it hauled instead of pulled??? I found another site it is called internettruckdtop.com never got a chance to post yet.Will check out the one you gave me also. Only problem is everyone wants you to join(be a member) too post.If i was needing things moved more often then i wouldn't mind.Just time consuming and really don't like spreading my personal info all over the place. Thanks again for the site,anyone else:usa

  3. #3absolutediesel2010-02-27 22:19

    do a google search use keywords like "drive-away companies" these companies are specifically what you need . they are tractor and driver one way drop companies.

  4. #42stickbill2010-02-28 00:16

    Know what you mean.There is some when posting a load you don't have to sign up.

  5. #5Dualie2010-02-28 02:17

    http://www.trailertransit.com/

  6. #6Construct'O2010-02-28 14:33

    Have only gotten one quote and it was high,how quickly does quotes using start to come in.Pickup isn't until Mar 2 or3 so will they come after that date, knowing they can't pickup until then.Thanks for the help!!!!!!!! I have posted on a few so far.

  7. #7Abscraperguy2010-03-01 22:50

    Uship.com is sometimes good.

  8. #8Abscraperguy2010-03-01 23:38

    Awe shucks read it too fast you had uship posted. Ever tried Admiral Merchants Motor freight. They id good on load for me.

  9. #9Arabhacks2010-03-02 04:48

    Expanse. Hello. Hauled or pulled, it will be expensive. You might consider sending your driver and tractor down to get it. Even after buying the 72 hour permits, payroll, and fuel expense as well as motel, you might be ahead of the game. If all else fails, look for a driver you can send out just for this one job.

  10. #10oarwhat2010-03-02 06:45

    Hi I used uship before and the quotes were too high. I found a trucker locally but, when I went on uship and declined the bids the truckers on there started dropping the bids like crazy!!! The last bid was much less than what I paid!! When I have to ship again I'm going on uship and declining all the bids until I get the price I want. I'm sure I could go to a back bidder and pay allittle more if I thought the lowest bidder wasn't any good. Randy

  11. #112stickbill2010-03-02 08:21

    Most COs that do this will give you a high bid thinking your either a greenhorn or you need it bad.About the only way to get a good price.Take your time some will haul it on a back haul cheap.But a drive a way co.charges full rate no matter.Best to deal with O/O or a small co.The brokers and big co will charge all they can. Waiting might save you money.If there is an empty truck close sometimes they will lower their price. Figure out how much it would cost you to go get it then you will know what a good price is.

  12. #12Construct'O2010-03-03 12:45

    2-stick it looks as of right now i'm going to go with www.freightquote.com unless run into a snag:beatsme.They have been on top of things from day one along with another one which was giving to me by a member on here. They are www.fastfreightquote.com don't get them confused! They both have been working hard to come up with a good quote. It looks like they will be using my trailer to haul a partial(lightload) part way inturn for reduced cost of shipping.I told them okay ,but load will have to be okayed by me and not a heavyload,and not by way of NY to get too Iowa:Banghead Hopefully trailer will be picked up tomorrow.It has been a learning curve since this is the first time experience.Other then my trencher that i got from Alberta,Canada I do like beening able to use a computer fairly good. Emails are faster then phone sometime especially with more busniess being done on the internet. Plus i have a record of everything,so there is a paper trail(i print inportant messages) of what is going on if needed on down the road.Will keep you posted how thing goes.Thanks:usa

  13. #132stickbill2010-03-03 18:39

    I knew you could do iit.Takes time and the way truckin is now it is not hard to get a cheap rate.Just watch your self and check out the trucker

  14. #14absolutediesel2010-03-03 19:27

    glad it 's all working out