Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Line boring

H621 ยท 2021-03-27 07:30

Hi I'm looking for help on understanding when to line bore. I understand line boring needs done after the pin boss has been bent and restraightend. Also if bushings slide in by hand at ambient temp that's also a yes. Obvious gaps between boss and pin also. But things aren't so obvious how do I know if I am going to need line bore?

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-03-28 07:41

    Either one of the conditions you described would require line boring for a permanent repair. It is very obvious if the bushings are not a tight fit and /or a new straight pin will not slide in them easily.

  2. #2H6212021-03-28 13:35

    Thanks, if I freeze bushings and they slide in by hand without a wobble I should be good to go??

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-03-28 14:08

    Only if they are good and tight after they reach ambient temperature.

  4. #4H6212021-03-28 14:13

    Ok thanks!