Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link Belt 1600 Excavator – Anyone use one?

csthompson12 ยท 2019-07-05 09:07

I saw a Link belt 1600 quantum for sale locally...2002 I believe. It is about a 15,000lb excavator. Has anyone run one of these? Im guessing its probably built by a different company for Link Belt? There does not seem to be alot of them out there, this one has about 3500hrs, Isuzu engine. Looking for a bit larger excavator then my TB135 Takeuchi.. This Link Belt has the side shift knuckle boom.

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2019-07-05 13:05

    Link-Belt hasn't made their own excavators since the "C" series machines. All are made by Sumitomo Corp in Japan. I don't recall Link-Belt ever bringing in an articulated boom to the US. It might be a Sumitomo painted in Link-Belt colors. Hydraulic systems were OK, electrical systems really sucked.

  2. #2csthompson122019-07-05 17:02

    Heres a pic