Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link belt 2650

Wb007 · 2024-03-15 19:33

I have link belt 2650 series 2c this machine is new to me The Pryor owner removed the computer and the wiring is half ass at best. The engine bogs down and stalls under hydraulic load. It seems like the hydraulic pump isn’t destroking. Not sure if I can just disconnect something at the pump so it can operate. The machine is 1988 and has 10,000 hours or more on it.

Replies4
  1. #1Kjell2024-03-16 11:27

    I had this problem 25 years ago on a Sumitomo LS 2600F2 which is almost the same machine as yours. When the computer gave up the engine stalled. I solved this by giving the propotional valve an electrical signal via a rotating reostat. This way I could adjust the pump torque by rotating on the reostat knob and it was possible to operate the machine without overloading the engine.

  2. #2Lev19922024-06-26 15:37

    can you describe in more detail how this is done? I have a 2650 LS with a broken ecm. And no way to buy another one. How can I bypass the ecm?

  3. #3Lev19922024-06-26 15:38

    can you describe in more detail how this is done? I have a 2650 LS with a broken ecm. And no way to buy another one. How can I bypass the ecm?

  4. #4Kjell2024-07-05 04:20

    Because of the long time passing I dont remember it in detail and I gave my workshop manual to the new owner when I sold the machine 25 years ago. As far as I remember the ECM contoll the propotional valve with fixed voltage and different mA settings to create H, S, L, F, Idle and coldstart modes. I had no way to create different mA at a fixed voltage whitch I think was below 24 volt so I just adjusted the voltage with a reostat/potensiometer in the cabin. I used a cable from ignition to a fuse and then a cable to the reostat/potensiometer and then a cable to the propotional valve. I dont remember if there are one or more cables to the proposional valve and I dont remember if there is one or two proposionalvalves. I think increased voltage gave more power but I am not sure. I suggest you check on machine to see if there is power to the propotional valve to determine how it works. You can use the work mode settings at idle because the negative control system will regulate the pump to Qmin (minimum flow) but maybe you need to lower the powersetting at cold start