Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link Belt 330 LX Auto Idle issue HELP

Achilles212 ยท 2012-09-11 09:57

I have a Link Belt 330 LX that will not idle up when using boom controls when using auto-idle. It works fine with swing controls and with travel just not boom. I have been over manual several times and have done the following troubleshooting. Check Computer (Did this by change computer out with known working unit) No change same issue. Changed pressure switch's. Again no change. Did a connitivity test on the harness. Nope. Traced all wires from plugs until they go under cab in Main wireing harness. No issues found. I am running against a brick wall here and have had others try to help me out and still nothing new has been found. Also checked all hydrolic pressures at the switchs on through all associated lines. Anything that you can think of would be appreciated. Any questions i will answer asap.:Banghead

Replies7
  1. #1mxsledder2012-09-11 10:54

    Sorry I can't help with your issue, but I'm curious, how do u like the machine?

  2. #2theironoracle2012-09-13 00:27

    ok, i want to know, does left joystick make auto idle work correctly and right stick not? that is what i think you are explaining? so works good with swing, not boom, how about bucket, how about stick? ...............theironoracle

  3. #3TravellingTec2012-09-13 21:14

    Have you checked this machine using the check screen on the dash? You should be able to access that to tell you whether the signal is coming to the computer or not. I had one that debris was in the fitting behind the upper house pressure switch and it wouldn't idle up except on swing and travel.

  4. #4Achilles2122012-09-14 07:15

    I did a pressure test of the port where the pressure switch sits and it seems to be getting appropriate pressure Also it doesn't work with any boom function at all Bucket, Stick or Boom. But works fine on swing and travel. Also just an update i have pulled the wiring harness out all the way to the swing motor and have check the wiring for this switch up to this point. Also did the same from switch to just before it goes down frame toward front and becomes hard to get to. I found no kinks or breaks . Talked to LBX and it appears they think it is wiring so am considering replacing the harness.

  5. #5TravellingTec2012-09-14 08:23

    Before you buy a new harness please do this check: To isolate whether you have hydraulic issues or electrical issues, go to the "check 3" screen. In the SW1 area there are 4 zeros. Operate the machine. When you hit the swing the second 0 will change to a 1. The third 0 will change to a 1 when using the tracks. When using the boom etc. the fourth 0 should change to a 1. If it doesn't, have someone short the wire out at the upper pressure switch and see if the 0 changes to a 1 then. If it doesn't change to a 1, then you know there is an issue in the harness going back to the switch. If it changes to a 1, then you know your electrical system is ok.

  6. #6summerfox2013-09-14 14:22

    Hey I just fixed this problem yesterday on a customers machine I replaced the pressure switch on the right side of the hydraulic control vale. There are three pressure switches to control the auto idle feature. I believe it was the one with the yellow wire. jump the terminals to test the system. yes swing is separate from boom bucket and stick hope this helps

  7. #7FWD2013-09-14 22:48

    I have a Hitachi EX120-1 that had this problem twice. This machine has two pressure switches. One went bad and about two years later the other one went bad. They were for different functions but were identical switches. FWD