Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link-Belt 3400Q opinions

cheddarbob56 ยท 2015-04-27 15:29

Guys - what's everyone's opinions on a Link-belt 3400Q excavator? It's a 1996 model with 7600 hours. Looks really nice and clean. Are they a decent machine to run? Parts easy to come by? Are they hydraulics quick and strong? I am looking at one and haven't actually gone to test it out or look it over just wanting some opinions on them first. Thanks. Chris

Replies2
  1. #1bvfdfire2015-04-27 19:29

    its a sumitomo, manufactured in japan. Not a bad machine. Same as a 9040B Case..... I have a 95. Be aware that some of the boom pins are NLA, meaning if you do any rebuilding or replacing bearings and pins, you may have to have them built.

  2. #2cheddarbob562015-04-28 08:18

    Is your's fairly stable? My old CAT is 85,000 lbs so I'm hoping I won't regret going smaller but I think for what I do smaller will be easier to get from place to place and the only time I really need the size of mine is tearing trees out. Are other parts available for the machine other than pins? Thanks. Chris