Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link Belt 3400Q total computer removal can it be done?

ibejohnboy ยท 2024-04-02 09:21

I am sick of the broken wires, replacing solenoids, and all the other electrical problems on this old machine. it is a never ending task, It is not used much as it is a Farm/Ranch machine I use to build ponds and clear trees. But every time after it sits, one day or one month you are fixing something just to use it, it may be a multi-day search and repair... Is there any way to do away with all of this computer garbage on the machine, I can run old school gauges for the oil temps, heat and alt... not problem, can I disconnect all this wiring BS and bypass all of these solenoids? I am just ready to be done with this electrical nightmare, It has got to the point you have to run the machine in bypass mode any-ways... and putting a throttle cable on it is no problem either, I want to go back to the old school what you have to have just to run, for replacing the wiring harness would be costly and a bit DUMB for this old machine... Has anyone done such so they can use the machine? I have already bypassed the stupid starter wiring and put a wire from the switch to the starter to get it to start...this was done about 5 years ago, can all the solenoids be bypassed too? or manually opened by putting in a block in the solenoids? It does not help a bit when you call and the mechanic tech, they send out knows less than you do...Is it possible,

Replies0

No replies yet.