Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link Belt excavator ?

danielm ยท 2008-07-25 17:18

I've located a '85 Link Belt excavator for sale. Not sure of the model however the seller says it is a 45Klb machine. Any idea what it might be and what to look out for other than the normal wear stuff? He made some comment about the idlers being loose allowing the track to roll off. I've requested pictures before I venture out to look at it.

Replies6
  1. #1danielm2008-07-25 17:23

    Here we go... I just received this pic. Model?

  2. #2catd8t2008-07-25 17:45

    an old 4300 or maybe 5800 but im thinking more 4300

  3. #3danielm2008-07-25 18:09

    Ls-3400 ???

  4. #4cat 3852008-07-25 18:23

    3400 ?

  5. #5danielm2008-07-25 18:31

    Looks alot like the 3400 pictured here. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6022626&GUID=B96F68D416F4427BA954D0BF26BE2A9B

  6. #6Dan832008-07-27 18:53

    The first picture looks pretty much identical to another machine not too far from here, that's been sitting for about five years. I am pretty sure the model number on the side is LS-4300. I'll take a picture of it next time I go by.