Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tilt cylinder for my D6 9U

dieseldave ยท 2008-07-29 22:14

I got tired of getting off the old dozer and winding the turnbuckle whenever the blade needed tilting, so one fine weekend...

Replies5
  1. #1dieseldave2008-07-29 22:22

    A friend machined a drive for the hydraulic pump from the old unused 6v generator, a surplus military cylinder was pressed into service, and I fabricated a foot control from a spool valve and some scrap steel. Crude, but it works surprisingly well. I ran it for a bit this evening- what a shock after running the D6T all day

  2. #2King of Obsolete2008-07-29 22:43

    looks good and thansk for sharing. thansk KoO Published Author

  3. #3sawz52008-08-10 22:52

    my dad did the samething to his D6, but used a 12v electric starter motor for the hyd. pump drive.

  4. #4alan627b2008-08-11 03:29

    From frustration comes innovation! Did you post that on the ACME board yet, Dave? I'm sure Ozdozer would approve... Huh! Is that D6.... turbocharged? How did you do that? alan627b

  5. #5dieseldave2008-08-12 23:54

    Hi Alan, I haven't posted it at ACME yet, but I will. The turbo is a TO4 from a DT466 IH.