Hello everybody. We have an older (1995) Link-Belt 4300 Quantum excavator with the Cummins LTA 10C engine. This machine sat for years but runs very good and I need to do the cooling system flush on it. But before I do that I need to see if I can gain a more thorough understanding of the flush process on this machine. I have purchased anti-freeze, flush, filter and additive (from NAPA) but I need a better understanding of the actual process. Can someone please help me with this. I am certain I will have many many questions on this and the other equipment he has out here but this is my initial start point. Thanks and I will look forward to discussing this with you. Bryan in Ambridge Pa
Usually you just drain the old coolant out, fill with the flush kit, warm up the engine, drain out the flush kit, then fill with new coolant. There should be directions in your kit. Just make sure that you bleed the air out of the engine head when filling. You can do this by loosening a plug on the head, or the coolant sender. Some cummins engines have a bleed have on the head. If there is a line from the head to the overflow tank, the head will bleed air out that way.
Link-Belt LTA Cummins coolant flush Mr. Hoff. Thanks for the info. The owner is a brilliant business man and still hammering away even at 81 years old. But he doesn't have a clue about his equipment. And I am just enough of a heavy equipment mechanic to know that I don't have a clue sometimes. This is too expensive of a mistake to just guess and hope at it. But I do know how to figure things out with the help of people that do have a clue. Again, thanks so much. B. Dyer @ ANJO Construction Co. Plum, Pa