I have a link belt 2800 with a bad board so the gauges do not work. I think it is a 1996. We can't find parts. We sent it to a place that fixes boards but they said it needs re-programed and they did not have the codes. Unfortunately after we got it back the throttle stopped working as well. Is there any way to get a new or used board? I understand that Linkbelt and Case are the same or similar, would there be a way to get a new/used or refurbished boar from case or other brand? It seems someone somewhere should at least have the codes
As I recall, when the Case machines started they were Quantum Link-Belts. We used to just convert everything to manual in the CII machines. Throttle control cables like a truck PTO cable and whatever electrical gauges you could wire in. Also, there was no diagnostic package in the C or the CII machines. If something went wrong, you were on your own to figure it out.
Thank you, I think wiring in gauges is probably what we are looking at. This machine only has about 6k hours on it and it is otherwise in great condition. Hard to believe that a piece of circuitry could nearly obsolete the whole machine Thank you for the reply
When I worked for that dealer at about the end of the CII models and the beginning of the Quantums I tried to find someone who could look at those boards and provide some avenue of repair. I finally found a guy who spent a few days going over a couple boards, 4300CII, trying to do some reverse engineering and just threw up his hands. The problem was the software in the proms and no one knowing just what was in there and how to access it. If the prom was gone the board was scrap. He told me that sometimes you could find a burned spot in the glue which would give you a hint that component was fried. We started looking for that and found a few but never knew what the component was to get a replacement for it and then didn't have the skill with soldering things back together. The boards were about the simplest looking of all the machines of the era but there were also the most expensive as I recall. Two other notes, a bad alternator could fry the board and so could a bad throttle control motor. Throttle control motors were prone to water getting in them and shorting out or the throttle cables would seize and burn the motor out. I either case it could also get the computer.
thanks again. it certainly sounds like new gauges is the way to go.
Did new gauges do the trick? - Everything is blank on our 4300 cluster but scared to spend $1500 on a nre pabel if it is the control unit not the cluster
I’ve run into the same problem with a bad control board on my Link Belt LS-2700 C Series II. Is it possible to get detail info on rewiring throttle. Gauges seem pretty straight forward. Is there anything else that needs to be rewired? Thanks