Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old John Deere 70 pattern change

Mikefromcny ยท 2019-07-15 18:08

Does anyone remember if linkage could be swapped around on these? No pilot lines. Wobble sticks to linkage, linkage to control valve, control valve to hardlines that run to the cylinders. Only way I see to do it is to make up longer hoses to switch which Hardline meets which hose. I figured I'd swap some pilot lines around and be done with it! This is probably 80's vintage.

Replies5
  1. #1MarcusZ19672019-07-15 21:13

    This is where I fliped a '79 JD690B to "Cat" control.... The Boom and Stick (Crowed?... ***?).... pulled off the two top to get the bottom two, switched both to the other valve. Now the S-S and B-B are on the same sticks... If you have solid lines, somewhere there are flex lines.... I got the idea of flipping it over from Chris on letsdig18 youtube channel. He just bought a Hitachi.

  2. #2Mikefromcny2019-07-16 00:27

    I think I've got it figured out. In that video, those are the pilot lines that control the control valve. This machine has linkage to that valve, it can't really be changed unless you start cutting and welding. I'll be changing the only flexible hoses in the system, at the base of the boom.

  3. #3excavator2019-07-16 11:57

    This is a Zaxis series, a totally different machine.

  4. #4GregsHD2019-07-16 12:24

    I wouldn't just swap the hoses, the circuit relief valves will have different set pressures for boom and stick. Best to modify the bellcranks/linkage under the cab floor. I've seen it done on an old UH025 which is basically the same machine. There's a YouTube video briefly showing it, I'll find and link it.

  5. #5GregsHD2019-07-16 12:30

    Briefly shows the modifications to the bellcranks/linkage at the end.