got a call from cousin that has a Link Belt 2800/ Case 9040 last night from dirt pit saying Boom and Stick have hydraulics and operating, but the cab will not swing or rotate. Says it’s stuck in transport mode with boom facing forward. Any ideas where to start with this . From reading it looks like some folks say just needs to warm up, and other say hydraulic filter, or stuck solenoid valve.
Does the engine load down at all when trying to swing? I'd lean towards the swing brake being stuck on due to an electrical issue. Solenoid, wiring or something like that. If it does everything but swing I'd say hydraulics are probably not the culprit. On the swing motor itself there should be a small hydraulic line, maybe -6 or so. Follow it to a valve which should have the solenoid on it. On our Cat drill rigs it's low and directly behind the swing motor accessed from a small panel underneath. Check for voltage, broken wires etc. There might be several solenoids there you could swap magnets with to see if they symptom follows the magnet which would indicate its bad. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what you're after.
Did anyone check to see if there was a swing park brake switch?
IM bout to check. Thanks for quick replies
Is the solenoid 24v or 12 v on the swing brake lock? Thnx
Found its 24volt for certain. Solenoid is clicking, but cab still will not rotate.
Just another in the field update. 24 volt jumper test cable makes solenoid click, but very faint. Curious if the spool is acting with enough force to move the plunger to allow fluid past. Can still will not rotate.
I would usually T a gauge into the line to the swing brake at this point and see if oil was being sent there.
That sounds like a good idea.
We have decided to order a new Solonoid for the swing brake. Hopefully will be installing it early next week,and can report back
dont the Q's have a manual button on the top of the sol?
I read that somewhere else on here. I didn’t try that the other day. I read that it’s possible to press a pin in ex end of some solenoids to manually activate them. I’ll try that tomorrow.
Still waiting on part from Link Belt. Quick question. I ve dealt with aircraft hydraulics 20+ years Military, but just checking ( short a service manual ), is there any precaution, capping, or depressurization, that I need to do before changing out the Swing Brake hyd. solenoid? Thanks
Drain the air pressure off the top of the hydraulic tank first.
^ will do. Thanks
Link Belt in jackson, MS sent te wrong part for the swing lock solenoid, and now saying they don’t know what the right part number is. I don’t understand that. Does anyone know where I can get the part number and try to source the part from somewhere else. The part number on the excavator is where I got the o number I gave them.
Trying to see if sumitomo is interchangeable as far as hydraulic solonoid plungers go.
If its the 2800CII you can look yourself online for the correct one, the Case 9030 (no B) is its sister. the 3400CII would be the sister to the Case 9040.. heres a link to case online parts catalog: https://partstore.casece.com/us/DiamondEquipmentMtVernon/parts-search.html#epc::model_find hope you get your problem fix pal
Thanks a lot for the link. I’m s a 2800 Quantom, so I imagine that’s the case model 9030B.