Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Linkage cable broke need recommendations for a fix

Therapydoc · 2018-03-19 19:36

So here’s my ordeal. Have a 4 in 1 bucket and this cable controls the clamshell. Broke about 4” from the upper end. New holland wants $200 for the replacement cable ...... not happening. Anyone know any way to fix the cable before I create my own linkage using rebar to make a push/pull lever to actuate the control solenoid? Cable is about 31” long and it’s the inner wire that broke

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2018-03-19 20:15

    I get push pull cables like that built at Inland Truck parts. The last one I got was probably twice that long, and I think it was around $100, maybe less. I don't know where in Missouri you're at, I use the Springfield location.

  2. #2Billrog2018-03-19 22:06

    A PTO cable like mentioned will last for longer than the wire.

  3. #3John C.2018-03-23 18:17

    Boat supply shops and sales dealerships around here make those all the time. Take the old one in for them to get the right ends and thread pitches and housing lengths.

  4. #4joe--h2018-03-23 19:46

    http://www.daytonclutch.com/cables/pushpull#tt

  5. #5cuttin edge2018-03-24 21:35

    The hose and bearing shop here makes up cables like that, should be some place that will make you one.

  6. #6Tinkerer2018-03-25 07:24

    In my area any heavy truck repair shop will make them.