Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Linkbelt 160LX, ELECTRICAL PROB, Code E0025

Pigpen · 2024-02-20 20:12

My 2004, Linkbelt 160LX, S/N K2J48450 gives me an intermittent, ELECTRICAL PROB but then goes away when I shut it down with an immediate restart. I troubleshot with the service manual and the only Error code that I have is an E0025, "Fuel Flow Regulating Resistor." The diagram shows this resistor on the fuel injection pump but it doesn't say how to correct. I'm hoping this resistor is not an integral part of the pump and more like an external sensor that can be replaced. The engine is an Isuzu 4BG1-TABFB-01. Any good Isuzu parts dealers you can recommend? I called my nearest Linkbelt dealer and they have absolutely no knowledge about the Isuzu engine.

Replies16
  1. #1uffex2024-02-21 15:12

    Good day I cannot find the resistance value but your dealer should be able to help see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2KSSS2024-02-21 15:36

    That part if its the same as the one on my X4 and it may not be, was on the exterior of the pump. It was not fun to get at. Mine wouldn't start, once I replaced that, it started right and no issues since. The part was like $200 from Link Belt.

  3. #3Pigpen2024-02-22 15:25

    Tha Thank you for that diagram. I started with the lowest echelon level with filter changes and cleaning the little screen in the supply feed pump. The dealer recommended I replace the Return to Idle sensor. I’ll try that next week when the part arrives

  4. #4Pigpen2024-02-22 15:30

    D do you recall the name of the part? I see one harness on top of the fuel injection pump with two wires on top of the fuel rail…not sure what that does.

  5. #5KSSS2024-02-22 16:16

    According to the mechanic, if he recalls correctly it is the suction control valve (basically the pressure release valve for the pump as he described it). I don't have a part number. I bought it from CASE and was refunded by Link Belt (LB dealer is in SLC 4 hours away) as it was under warranty.

  6. #6KSSS2024-02-22 16:17

    Your description sounds like the part I replaced. Had a couple wires, small and not fun to access on my machine.

  7. #7Pigpen2024-02-25 17:34

    Hi Uffex, I've looked everywhere for that engine, fuel flow resistor but I can't locate it. I've studied the pic you send me but I'm just not seeing it. Do you know where I should be looking? Is it near the starter side? On an unrelated issue, my local LBX dealer told me that I need to replace my "Return to Idle" sensor (in pic 1) but I can't locate that one either. The Mech told me to look on the Engine Control Valve body which I'm assuming is forward of the engine (pic 3), is that correct? In pic 2 I see 2 sensors but the bottom one is not it and the top one looks odd. I'll call the dealer again tomorrow but figured I'd ask someone smart like you. I changed the water/sep system, cleaned the supply fuel pump screen, and replaced the fuel filter yet I still have the E0025 code. Interestingly, the Mech told me it's not that regulating sensor but I'm not sure how he came to that conclusion. Thanks for your help. Steven

  8. #8LACHAU2024-02-26 00:30
  9. #9LACHAU2024-02-26 00:47
  10. #10uffex2024-02-26 04:38

    Good day I guess Lachau has answered your question. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11Pigpen2024-02-26 05:37

    Thank you gentlemen, that was helpful.

  12. #12Pigpen2024-03-03 08:22

    I'm closer to solving at least one issue, E0025. The Fuel Flow Regulatin g Resistor is actually external to the engine and fuel injection, Electronic Gov. Off of the main harness for the Electronic Fuel Governor are these two wires that should have a resistor attached. As you can see, mine is completely missing. On my machine, from the ECU on CNA1, I have Pin 37 YL (yellow/blue) 488 and Pin 46 BY (Black / yellow) 498 which correspond to these wires hanging out in thin air. But I don't believe this has anything to do with my "Electrical Problem." Something, a solenoid or relay is getting heated up after 20-30 minutes working under a load and then tripping the audible horn with the ELECT PROBLEM on the screen. I'll know more later today but now I suspect one of these or maybe the pathway to one of these valves: CN5 Power Up solenoid valve CN6 Swing cancellation solenoid valve CN6 Batt relay CN6 Swing Brake solenoid valve CN6 Travel speed solenoid valve CN6 Shock absorbing solenoid valve

  13. #13Twingfield2024-03-11 22:51

    Just put a harness on a 160, new harness didn’t come with that resistor, was throwing code e0025, plugged resistor in and it’s fine

  14. #14Pigpen2024-03-12 08:33

    Where did you find a new harness for the fuel gov? Were you able to get just the harness or did you have to buy the entire fuel gov? Yeah, that's my plan, just add a new resistor.

  15. #15Twingfield2024-03-12 19:58

    I did the harness that the fuel gov harness plugs into, i did get the gov harness priced and I believe it was over 3500

  16. #16Pigpen2024-03-18 19:21

    Here is the #7, 1.5k ohm resistor that was missing from my fuel gov, regulator. It cleared up my E0025 code. And I may have solved my Electrical Prob as I replaced the Engine Speed Sensor (E0042) and have run it a little with no errors or further codes.