Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC150

StevieV · 2024-02-20 21:39

Wondering if anyone has experience with Volvo ec150 excavators. I’m curious is a new purchase are they difficult to work on how to get runny? Are they reliable are stable any big issues or problems that I should be concerned with before I make the purchase thank you for anybody in advance.

Replies35
  1. #1uffex2024-02-21 03:56

    Good day Voolvo are like most in the market assembling a machine from well known components, no more difficult than other makes. If you need more help give a few details of the machine. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2StevieV2024-02-21 08:10

    also looking at an ec360 stickin stick out control valve needs fixing any idea the cost of this? They are saying needs to be honed?

  3. #3Lagwagon2024-02-21 08:16

    I’m guessing it’s got a Cummins so is an early model produced around 2000 not long after Volvo bought out Samsung. Good news, it won’t have a screen to constantly sqwark at you with codes, bad news it won’t have the comforts of a newer Volvo nor the cab quality.If the price is right and you’ve done your due diligence then buy it. It’s a great size machine.

  4. #4uffex2024-02-21 11:21

    Good day As I understand your post the main control valve has internal damage, honing is not a solution, only replacement. If metal has been let loose i the system may have more expensive damage. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5StevieV2024-02-24 14:12

    ec150LC volvo 2003 10,000hours. Looks clean heavy machine. Dealer once told me around 15k hours is when machine will basically require an engine etc…Thoughts

  6. #6uffex2024-02-25 04:46

    Good day I suggest ypu make a real good inspection befor you commit. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7StevieV2024-02-25 13:27

    2004 Volvo ec150 in great shape, really tight machine well maintained. Just over 10000hrs. Cummins 4cylinder motor. Plumbed for thumb and hammer. Thoughts on what price I should be around barring it is in good condition

  8. #8StevieV2024-02-25 20:15

    Also, anyone know where I can get a thumb for ec150 Volvo. Used or other suitable substitutes

  9. #9uffex2024-02-26 04:35

    Good day Steve Do you have a photo of the machine I suspect this is what is known as EC140 in the EEC with some extra ballast, see attached. Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10StevieV2024-02-26 06:14

    it has the long stick. I can’t open this file

  11. #11StevieV2024-02-26 06:27
  12. #12StevieV2024-02-26 06:32

    anyone have a manual for this ec150 volvo 2004?

  13. #13uffex2024-02-26 07:54

    Good day The file is a PDF most platforms will open, maybe you need a PDF reader app. Installing. The Manual you request is as I posted a EC140 with some ballast, better look for one of those operators or shop. Kind regards Uffex

  14. #14StevieV2024-02-26 08:26

    Any links to the manual itself? Thank you

  15. #15uffex2024-02-26 12:44

    Good day Stevie I have parts of information but not a complete manual, if you can be specific I will try to help out. I guess the operator's manual is a good starting point that I do not have, I know there is little difference between the 140-50 and the 450-60. If you can find any of those, you have a good grounding to the operation. Making a good inspection, getting answers to any questions you have will increase the actual machine knowledge and be very beneficial to a new owner. This forum has guys with great Volvo knowledge one regular contributor "FunWithFuel" may be worth tagging his posts. Kind regards Uffex

  16. #16StevieV2024-02-26 13:05

    Thank you! My partner is wondering if there is a way to flip the controls to John Deer control

  17. #17uffex2024-02-26 13:19

    Good day Yes for sure if the machine does not have a pattern changing valve and you need to change is not so difficult. See attached. Kind regards Uffex

  18. #18StevieV2024-02-26 13:23

    Where would that be? There is something behind the panel just outside the door where it locks in is a valve is that part of it? It did not seem to work.

  19. #19StevieV2024-02-26 13:25

    Some reason can’t open pdf

  20. #20uffex2024-02-26 14:00

    Good day Look directly behind the cabin, take a snap and post that way I can see what you have. What are you using to surf with a Android - apple phone or something else?

  21. #21StevieV2024-02-26 14:34

    iPhone safari blocks it. I finally got it open. I will take a picture

  22. #22uffex2024-02-26 14:51

    Great, you managed to open the PDF's and turn off the bold print (means you are shouting). Kind regards Uffex

  23. #23StevieV2024-02-26 16:14
  24. #24uffex2024-02-26 16:18

    Good day Yes that looks as though you have a pattern change valve, cannot quite see the handle its hidden behind the hose. Kind regards Uffex

  25. #25StevieV2024-02-26 16:29

    Which picture

  26. #26StevieV2024-02-26 16:30

    Do you think I will need to move hoses or is there a handle

  27. #27uffex2024-02-26 16:38

    It looks as if a handle is behind the hose, I do not reconise that part as a normal volvo/samsung feature

  28. #28StevieV2024-02-26 22:11

    Any way to lookup a Volvo ec150lc to get factory information? I have the serial number or product id

  29. #29StevieV2024-02-26 22:31

    Can I grab the operators manual

  30. #30uffex2024-02-27 06:05

    Hi Stevie I can only suggest making a search on the web, there may be some EC140 kicking around, you could try an appeal on the forum. Kind regards Uffex

  31. #31StevieV2024-02-27 06:46

    Thank you Uffex for all your help. I looked at two of these ec150 yesterday and one was in rough shape with 6k hours then I looked at another one with 10k and everything was tight and cared for. New undercarriage bearing. Joints clean and enough new grease. The 10k is slightly louder engine noise and fades after warm up. But new final drives sprockets etc..some panels underneath were not replaced after last maintenance but that may make it seem louder. My thoughts are to get maybe a few years out of it then sell it if I don’t need it anymore. It is definitely worth it other than renting the same size machine for 7k a month. Any way of looking up serial number? Can’t find anything online

  32. #32uffex2024-02-27 07:18

    Normally on the boom cylinder side of the cabin at the botton. Kind regards Uffex

  33. #33uffex2024-02-27 07:47

    Good day Stevie The attached shows what to look for and what I found regarding operation. Kind regards Uffex

  34. #34StevieV2024-02-27 09:22

    Wealth of Knowledge UFFEX!!! These are great

  35. #35StevieV2024-02-28 22:52

    Anyone know what hydraulic thumb can be put on the Volvo ec150lc