Hi all, I’m looking at purchasing a linkbelt 225 spin ace. From what I understand they are the same as a case with a different paint job. I had a cat 320b L for a few years so I’m familiar with this size of machine and general things to look at. I’m wondering however if there’s anything specific to these machines that should be checked Also if anyone has any particular likes or dislikes of this machine. Appreciate the input
Check under hydraulic tank the main suction, seen a lot of the suck them selves in.
Do you have experience with these machines in particular? If you do, do you like it? I’m used to the cat 320b
Just worked on them. I much prefer cat units
Zero tail swing is nice until you have to work on the machine. I think the general consensus is they are a royal pain to work on no matter the brand. I think the counterweight has to come off for a lot of potential repairs. Interesting use of used sprocket segments on that machine.
Checked it out in person today, in good shape except for the slew bearing has play… Done some research on it and read others methods of cribbing and jacking to separate and replace the bearing, my main question is that method possible with the zero tail swing model? Also from what I seen this is the same as a case cx225. Are the bearings the same part? Can I order from the case dealer?
@tctractors @John C. Any input on this? I read quite a few of your guys posts on the slew bearing procedure
I ran the CASE version quite a bit years ago when they first came out. I like how well balanced they are. I never had to work on it, but I liked running it.