Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Linkbelt 2700

Coy Lancaster · 2025-06-25 11:25

Hey fellers this old man needs a little help. I’m working on a linkbelt 2700 s/n 1500-1158, it’s the same as a Case 9020B. The issue I’m having is no power in cab, machine won’t start, the engine won’t even crank over. I have constant power to key switch at battery post, but when key is turned on the power is lost. I replaced key switch and put the battery cable on main relay to the machine side post. I’m not getting any power to energize the main relay. I’ve put a jumper wire from positive post to try and make relay work. I’m stumped on this one. I have checked main ground and cab ground wires. Any help and or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632025-06-25 12:58

    If your losing the main supply power when the key is turned on, then I would think the problem is definitely on the supply side of the system . Does this machine have the electric master switch system? I've had issues with those before

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2025-06-25 14:09

    Yeah it's got an electric battery relay on it. I tried bypassing it but to no avail. Still no power except at battery post at key switch.

  3. #3Tones2025-06-25 17:42

    Can you post a photo of that battery relay, I may have a solution.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2025-06-25 19:11

    Up date on this machine. I had to put a new ground wire on the battery relay and I ran a temporary jumper wire from positive post on battery to key switch and reconnected the start relay. Machine started and ran but wouldn't shut off at key. Come to find out owner had been shutting it down via the throttle linkage. I will have to run a new wire for key switch tomorrow. Thank y'all for your input.