It moves forward, but when you start to turn it stops. The main hydraulic power/ boom and swing are good. It won't back up. When you hit the bypass switch and then attempt to swing, the machine starts to travel forward. I don't know if it is related. There are no instrument gauges, it starts good, and there is power to all fuses.
Won't travel in reverse at all? What the purpose of the bypass switch?
they call it a backup bypass switch my guess it bypasses the computer which doesn't seem to be working there no light on in the display. The owner bought the machine not working figuring on a quick fix. It's the same as a case 9050. Sometimes you start it up flip the safety switch it goes forward with travel controls in neutral postion to stop it you have to pull back on them
Ok, now I know which bypass your talking about. Thats the switch that allows you to work the machine if the hydraulic ECU goes down. I don't know much about your machine, and I've never experienced one that walks forward when you lift the safety lever and have to pull back on the levers to get it to stop. Very puzzling problem.
Can you give us some more info. When it finally settles down, drive levers in neutral, and it's not moving. Move both levers forward, it drives forward. Pull levers back to neutral, and it stops. Correct? Pull levers in reverse, no go. Correct? Do you get the same result with a track lifted off the ground by using boom/bucket? What about with levers in neutral, and just move one lever forward, left or right lever. Does the corresponding track move and turn the machine?
When you lift the track up it pulls some, the right track pulls more. I thought the main spool was stuck or a broken spring in the main spool but they are free and the springs are good. It seems to be in the pilot circuit. When you flip the safety on, it stops. The wierd thing is when you flip the bypass and try to swing it goes ahead instead of swinging. Seems to be something electronic. The bypass switch has 8 or so wires on each side. When I get a chance I'm going to make sure all the circuits on the switch are getting crossed over. Maybe it's just a bad switch?
Just a thought, maybe nothing, but I would look into it. Remove whatever covers, floorplate, whatever, to check the pilot valves that the drive control levers operate. Depending on what type they are, I have seen dirt build up at those valves and affect their operation, spools and levers stick, stuff like that. I can't see how that would cause all your problems, but it's something worth looking into.
there is one valve to the side of the 2 directional that is stiff i think it for high and low range the main one seem good I took one off because it was stiff it was just tight in the pivot pin the the pilot vavles them themselves looked good when I disassembled them and were free and clean
If it's like the 9050B, there's a pedal to the far right that is a fwd/rev pedal, makes the machine go fwd/rev in a straight direction, doesn't turn the machine.
that makes sense why it doesn't move when you push back on it i guess i'll check that out thanks for the info