Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

linkbelt/case CX350

clintm ยท 2014-03-23 15:06

anybody run one or own one? any thoughts or comments

Replies24
  1. #1JGibson2014-03-23 18:10

    Best hoes on the market, good power, smooth, reliable, and good on fuel

  2. #2mxsledder2014-03-24 02:35

    I'm also curious about these machines... Has anyone used one for demolition or an other severe duty application?

  3. #3firetrack2014-03-25 07:25

    What model Sumitomo is this{if it is a Sumitomo) Does anyone know of a cross reference between Sumitomo/Case and link Belt 20 tonne excavators?

  4. #4clintm2014-03-27 21:05

    I think this what your asking. a case 9030 is a linkbelt LS2800CII, a case 9030B -linkbelt LS2800 Quantum, the 210 is both the same

  5. #5finaldrive2014-03-28 12:54

    Sumitomo SH200-5 = CX210 = 210LX

  6. #6firetrack2014-03-28 16:59

    Final Drive, Do you know what a Sumitomo SH200A1 equals in Case? Would it be 9020B? Thanks Firetrack

  7. #7Sirthor18812014-03-28 18:32

    I worked for a Case dealer we also sold Link belt. I really liked link belts. Their support was a little better than case. We also sold kobelco and I think LBX and case was just as good.

  8. #8clintm2014-03-29 22:02

    what part of NC are you in and what case dealer did you work for

  9. #9Colorado Digger2014-03-29 22:34

    You must be looking at the X3? They are sweet machines. All my stuff is smaller and I tend to prefer the Lx's to the X2's and 3's. It is getting impossible to find a low hour Lx. I don't know what you are running now but I have never had a major mechanical on either of mine and one has 9000 hours and the other 6000. Good Luck, I will be following to see what you end up with. CD

  10. #10clintm2014-03-30 09:45

    I running now ls2800C II my third one since early 90's, 9030 case ,PC300-5 my 2nd one , PC300-3, kobelco ED180 blade runner, junking now volvo EC360B , past machines owned ,kobelco SK330 dynamic acera busted engine block 6,600 hrs, EX300-3, LS5800CII,LS5800Q . just trying to see what people think and what kind of service every one is getting out of the newer ones I've not had very good service out of the last couple of new machines that I have bought but I have to go too tier4i and need the lower fuel consumption

  11. #11Sirthor18812014-03-30 10:34

    I originally worked for the Case dealer in my home state of Ky. I am in clayton just south east of Raleigh.

  12. #12finaldrive2014-03-31 12:24

    For sure NOT 9020B I'll have to check some part numbers to validate, but the 9030 is the right weight class.

  13. #13clintm2014-04-20 08:51

    signed the paper's friday on CX350C case with craig bucket,progressive link thumb and coupler. machine should be delivered first of week. 4-5 weeks on attachments from craig that will give me time to built the guarding and trim the track pads down

  14. #14JGibson2014-04-20 12:39

    sounds sick! We need pics when it comes!

  15. #15clintm2014-04-27 20:06

    cutting pads down on brand new cx350c unloaded off lowboy walked 75' and started torching

  16. #16clintm2014-04-27 20:18
  17. #17clintm2014-04-27 20:25
  18. #18JBGASH2014-04-27 20:30

    Clintm, Have to ask what the reason is for cutting the pads down?

  19. #19clintm2014-04-27 20:48

    It will be on a concrete pile/ recycling yard and don't need the flotation. the wide pad's reek havoc on the rails from climbing on the hard uneven surface. just like you wouldn't use an LGP dozer in a rock ripping application

  20. #20JBGASH2014-04-27 21:01

    Thanks now I understand. What is the cost of a new one like that? I also was wandering what it weighs.

  21. #21clintm2014-04-27 21:12

    80, pds about 255,-260 with two way,variable flow hyd and no bucket I ordered bucket,thumb,wedge style coupler from craig attachments in canada there building it now

  22. #22JGibson2014-06-02 09:08

    Any new pics?

  23. #23mxsledder2014-06-03 01:55

    How are you liking the machine so far?

  24. #24clintm2014-06-08 14:04

    been busy just got thumb and coupler mounted yesterday going to try to get plumbed tomorrow . almost finished with guarding just lack right rear corner .put about 9hr's on it so far just cranking it up and spinning around to weld guards on. the dealer came and reprogrammed it something about emissions and give us a new manual will have to get pics when I finish guards