Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

linkbelt question

colt ยท 2014-02-28 11:40

Need some input on linkbelt 80 any one have one ,how is the machine over all. I know they are same as a case.Around here cat and kabota are popular in this size . Thanks any and all input would be great.

Replies5
  1. #1JGibson2014-03-01 15:33

    I don't have any experience with the 80s but link belts are the best excavators on the market in my opinion!

  2. #2colt2014-03-01 19:53

    On everything i have looked into all the 8/9 ton,s are all made in japan no matter what name is on them

  3. #3bigbob2014-03-02 05:15

    Not true anymore. Cat will now be building the 308E2 CR in Georgia along with a lot of other models which were built in Japan. I got one of the last built in Japan. http://www.manufacturing.net/news/2013/11/cat-christens-new-ga-manufacturing-plant

  4. #4colt2014-03-02 11:17

    Is the us built 308 a whole new design or same thing just built in Georgia.I would much rather by things built in north america, i will not buy anything that says made in china

  5. #5bigbob2014-03-02 16:33

    Based on the picture in the article, the 308E2 CR going down the line looks the same as the one I own that was built in Japan.